View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 05:07 PM   #50
ted23
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: WWE 2K24 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
Hope it’s okay to ask a question here - I’ve been out of the wrestling gaming world for a LONG time..

I grew up with the 90s-00s wrestling era and games. N64, PS2, XBOX, etc. The new games are beautiful and I think I understand I can effectively download rosters of legends through the in depth CAW feature.

The one thing I don’t know - is there a simplified controller scheme for casual pick up and play folks? Games today generally don’t seem as pick up and play friendly w the controls. I’d love to get back into a wrestling game but know I’ll get turned off w the limited time I have to play, if the learning curve is too steep with the controls and moves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not bad at all. It's a pretty simple control scheme. If you want to learn EVERY move, well, it'll take some learning and practice, but you should be able to just pick it up and play.

There's a tutorial that will show you the moves and you can also learn by doing MyRise.

This isn't like the ECW game from 25 years ago where you have to do UP DOWN UP UP LEFT to do an elbow smash.