View Single Post
Old 03-16-2024, 01:43 PM   #1
KSUowls
All Star

OVR: 8
OOTP 25 Discussion

Well I decided to buy it due to the new development lab and some of the under the hood stuff.

I really like the new player cards when you mouse over. It really helps having just that little bit of extra information without needing to dive fully into the player's page. Nice QoL change.

I haven't had the opportunity to test out the development lab yet since I believe that happens in the off-season, but I have enjoyed adjusting development focus areas for some of my minor leaguers.

Really liking the new ratings system. We'll have to see how it actually plays out, but theoretically it should be better since there are more ratings to scale up/down for a player's performance.

Highly unimpressed with the first AI trade offer that I received. I was offered a 25 year old AAA OF who is 45/45 ratings guy. They wanted a 29 year old major league reliever (55/55 rating and salary still at the league minimum) AND a 21 year old pitching prospect whose ratings are 35/50. This continues to be my biggest complaint about the series year after year. I am positive that AI trading is not an easy thing to code, but surely they can make something that isn't THAT lopsided...It's not even a starting point.

I also wish that there was a way to input the strategy "don't swing on a 3-0 count" when playing 1 pitch mode. Not a huge deal, but it's bothered me for a few years now.

Good so far.

1 QoL feature that I have wanted for a while is universal rule setting for minor leagues. It takes 8 mouse clicks to set the roster limit for 1 league. So, if you want to do that with all 14 default MLB associated minor leagues then that is 112 mouse clicks to set 1 rule. Then additional clicks beyond that if you want to change up anything else. I always set a roster limit for minor leagues to avoid having like 60 players end up in AA, and it's just a pain to do that. It is slightly better if you do set everything up at the league creation, then it ranges from like 15-30 clicks total per rule change, which still isn't ideal, but if you want to make edits after that then you're right back to the 112 clicks.
Advertisements - Register to remove