illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2024 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Eagles interview Kingsbury for their OC job
Eagles generally cast a very wide net when it comes to coaching searches. For example, they might interview Ron Rivera for DC. Eagles problems won't change unless they hire an OC and allow him to run his own offense. I felt the OC Brian Johnson was a scapegoat. At the end of the day, it was Sirrani's offense. It worked with Steichen because they had a pervious working relationship built on trust and Steichen had a better feel for playcalling. It was obvious at times Sirrani didn't have full trust in Johnson. Eagles were too reliant on being RPO heavy and being dead last in being under center, motion rate, and roll out rate. I don't have a specific target for OC, but it can't be Sirrani's offense. There's a reason he gave up playcalling in year 1 and it got better. He has to let his ego go in this situation and focus on being a CEO coach

Just like on defense, if it's another coach that runs a Fangio defense, the same problems will arise. I still feel that Patricia was a disaster hiring from the start and should've let Desai finish the season out.