View Single Post
Old 12-14-2023, 10:33 PM   #23
wombatsportz
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Wombat's UFC 5 Simulation AI vs AI Sliders and AI Styles

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmbjj
so I can confirm that using the AI parameters you listed for JUST AI, and then play against them on Hard/Pro as a 1p is really, really good!

In the end, all I was looking to do is make the AI take it's time and pick and choose some more, and by lowering the strike output, it does just that.

Some mods I made:

My stamina cost is +5 or +10 and the AI is +28 (seems balanced when playing)

I also use Real Time clock. I find it counter productive to use accelerated because them I'm racing to finish the fight, costing me energy and stamina.

Having a real clock really provides a sense of strategy and fighting. I'm surprise how many people use accelerated honestly.
Nice!

I'm glad that this set provided a nice base for you, man. I agree, I've found that the strike output slider is one of the most important settings. I had it set a -60 for a long time, but decided to lower it to -50 after I had a few fights where the AI stood around while in striking range for a little longer than I liked. At -50, I haven't noticed that hardly at all. I've had some fights that are extremely fast paced and some that are slower, so -50 is providing a good mix.

I think playing with the clock set on real-time is the way to go when playing user vs AI for all of the reasons that you mentioned. I made these sliders with the goal of producing realistic AI vs AI fights and after a lot of testing I found that accelerated clock provided the best gameplay when it came to AI vs AI. I did test these sliders on real-time and I wasn't seeing many fights go the distance. I even had the strike output slider set down to -70 at one point and it was still a rare occurrence for a fight to go the distance. With the clock set on accelerated I have seen several fights go the distance, but there is also still a good amount of fights that end in KO or SUB.

Since you are playing on real-time, you could probably even move the AI's stamina cost down to the 20 - 25 range. I've found 28 to be the sweet spot for accelerated. I've seen fighters not get gassed at all in fights, but I've also seen some get gassed toward the end of the 2nd round. It really just depends on the fighters stats and strike output. With that being said, on real-time you could potentially see some AI fighters get gassed early in the second round with it set on 28.

I would also change the referee stand up timer from quick to normal while playing on real-time. I have this set to quick because of the accelerated clock as well and even on accelerated the ref is pretty quick to stand the fight up.

Just keep playing around with the sliders and find what makes the game most fun for you, man. Let me know about any effects to gameplay that you discover from your modifications!