View Single Post
Old 09-01-2023, 12:53 PM   #1
MrChainsaw
MVP

MrChainsaw's Arena

OVR: 11
The Player - The F1 Career of Fred Jones

IYKYK.

Welcome to my F1 22 Career Mode featuring American wheelman Fred Jones -- The Man, The Myth, The Legend -- that I may carry over into F1 23 after the first season, or just continue with 22 since it's free on Game Pass. We'll see. This will be my first dynasty on here in a long time, and I hope you enjoy.

__________________________________________________ ___________

Retired NASCAR superstar shocks racing world, intends to join Formula 1 for '22 season

NASCAR Cup Series legend Fred Jones has announced he will come out of retirement after 8 years to run the full Formula 1 circuit in 2022. The Papyrus Racing Team legend stated in a press release that he still has plenty left in the tank at 54 years old and plans to once again prove he is the greatest driver in history, by conquering the Formula 1 World Championship. It is unknown which team Jones will join but it's rumored he's unlikely to land a top tier ride due to his age and lack of open wheel experience.

Who is Fred Jones?

Fred Jones competed in the top level of NASCAR from 1994 until his retirement in 2014, winning the 1999 Daytona 500 and Winston Cup championships in 2001 and 2003. Best remembered as the driver of the 'The Player' cars from the Papyrus 'NASCAR Racing' simulation series, Jones will return to racing in 2022 after an 8-year retirement, competing across the pond (well, mostly) in Formula 1.

Jones' "NASCAR Racing by Papyrus" paint scheme from his 1994 rookie campaign

Jones' NASCAR career highlights* include:

1994 Daytona 500 Pole Winner (his first career Winston Cup start)
1994 Winston Cup Series Rookie Of The Year
1999 Daytona 500 Champion
2001 & 2003 Winston Cup Series Champion
32 wins, 215 top-10 finishes in 691 career Cup Series starts

Jones piloted the #86 Papyrus Racing Chevrolet to the 2003 Winston Cup championship

Only time will tell if Fred's foray into Formula 1 will end up in Victory Lane.

*Career statistics courtesy of u/KimiForPresident on Reddit, thanks for the Fred Jones lore!

PSN: FREExBEER

Last edited by MrChainsaw; 09-01-2023 at 01:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove