View Single Post
Old 01-15-2023, 10:33 AM   #3
Funkycorm
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Funkycorm Presents: The Funky Era of Wrestling, Redemption

The plan

So, I attempted this back in 2020 but it didn't take off for a few reasons. One was that was the time when my gaming patterns started to change. Another, and the main reason, was that I simply bit off more than I could chew. I was going to run the 4 shows plus add 2 of my own for 6 shows a week. This was a bit too ambitious of me and it made progress slow. Because progress was slow, I couldn't deliver what I wanted. I was also trying to come up with convoluted reasons why I was randomly running WWE and it hampered everything.

So, the plan this time is different. I will be taking over the WWE but we are not going to worry about the why it happened or anything. It's simply now that I am in charge.

Instead of doing the 6 shows I intended to do in 2k19 and quickly not liking the lack of progression, I will be cutting back to 3 shows. I feel having only 3 shows will improve story progression. Those will be RAW, SmackDown, and a women's show. I will highlight what will happen to the NXT show. I will also have one GM for each of these shows, that will be announced later.

The women’s show will be called Women’s Wednesday and feature a new arena I created. The women wrestlers from RAW and SmackDown will all move to this show. There will be 3 championships, which I will highlight in the championship section below. Women’s Wednesday will be a 6-match show to start.

NXT will be dissolved. The female wrestlers will all move to Women’s Wednesday while the male wrestlers will move to RAW and SmackDown to even the rosters out. More have ended up on SmackDown to balance everything out.

As far as match results, I am going to do a simple spoiler for each match. There will be some story lines added throughout the shows, but it will not be highly detailed. This may change as this gets off the ground and I see where it takes me.

I have a long list of story ideas that I have created for this so therefore I will not be using the rival system in the game. I may make some of them rivals for the cut scenes, but it won’t be the focus here. Back in 2020 when I tried this, I was also trying to find meaning in every match and create a story for each and every match. This time I am embracing that sometimes matches are just that. Matches. This has paradoxically opened up my story telling. I just needed to realize that there doesn’t need to be an explanation for each match or for each wrestler’s actions.

Remember, a suspension of disbelief must be had in this dynasty.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 01-15-2023 at 11:02 AM.