Old 11-20-2022, 07:57 PM   #40
canes21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Week 12 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I do like the idea of stressing winning your power conference and being in the CFP. But I can see scenarios where the Big 12 and PAC champ has 2 losses. It kind of falls into play this season. Let's say the OSU/UM is a one possession victory, let's say 27-24. Good chance that the loser drops to #4. Should that one loss OSU/UM team make it over USC if USC beats ranked ND and Oregon. I think have 3 consecutive wins over three top 20 ranked teams should propel them over the loser of OSU/UM. I think OSU could withstand the loss more than Michigan. Michigan only played 1 ranked team before next week. If Corum can't play, that changes things.

Wouldn't mind seeing UGA, OSU/UM, TCU, USC for CFP. That way one for each conference. UGA would obviously be the favorite, but fun not to see a SEC dominated CFP
I see where you're coming from. I'm just always going to be on the side of the fence that only wants conference champs in the playoffs while it is at 4 teams. Your first shot at the playoffs is winning your conference. If you can't even do that, I personally don't think you earned a playoff spot.

― Plato