View Single Post
Old 09-26-2022, 03:07 PM   #3
countryboy
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: What do you need added to mlb23 to purchase it?

Obviously a return of Y2Y saves would lead to a no doubt purchase. But I don't foresee that feature returning next year, or anytime in the immediate future to be honest.

The biggest thing for me is the inclusion of the new schedule where each team plays everyone which should be in the game as they always follow the current year schedule. Also, the expanded playoffs which again should be implemented this go round.

Other than that, the biggest weakness for me was missing presentational elements along with not as in depth commentary. Both expectedly didn't measure up to previous years as you're talking a few years of commentary recorded versus that of 10+ years. So I'm hoping for expansion in both of those areas.

As for gameplay, I think its damn good now and admittedly if they kept gameplay the same and added those few things above, I would buy the game.

I'm sure roster logic and transaction logic (free agency/trades) will be tweaked/tuned just like every year and I do expect the gameplay to get better with subtle changes and additional animations.

While I absolutely despise starting a franchise over after years of Y2Y saves, I will likely buy '23 as I expect the new schedule and playoffs to be implemented and expect the gameplay on the field will take another step forward as it has each year previously.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals