View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 02:45 AM   #63
JayhawkerStL
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm in complete agreement and that is an interesting consideration. For me though, there is this tangibility factor that I need. I need to know this game exists. I need to know that it's actually coming out. Until I see actual footage, it's one of those things that is kind of just out in the ether for us to pretend that it's coming. I need my hands on something soon, because we've been sitting on this news literally for years now.

I also feel like the more time that passes by, the less like 2K5/2K8 this game will be. Obviously it can't be a simulation title, but there are certain things 2K games did which appealed to me that Madden can never do no matter how good it is, mostly because of stylized decisions. Camera, controls, interactions, sounds, you name it. The stamp that those 2K games had is something that I'd like to still see, even in an arcade style. The more that you remove time and developers/producers from that era, the less likely you'll see something of that ilk (in my opinion).
I agree with all of that. It’s why I find it to be such a bummer when folks raise expectations unnecessarily. The odds it is even a fraction as genre changing as NFL 2K is almost nil. Madden has far exceeded anything 2K has done at this point. Best case scenario, 2K releases a deep NFL game we all like, but it’s going to have issues, because it clearly can’t be a standard game.

Super Mega Baseball took three entries to really dial in their game. We are not awaiting the return of the king here. We are hoping it’s a prince that isn’t murdered in its crib. I am 100% interested in following what 2K does with this title, and will almost assuredly buy it, even if it is Lego.

But 2K football is not even close to entering my mind as a legitimate football title to look forward to. It is nothing but a curiosity at this point. And there is nothing from 2K that indicates they want anyone thinking about this game. They really don’t want to get caught up in the bait and switch crap we got with Joe Montana Football, which means not encouraging the kind of rampant speculation that needlessly raises hopes for a game that will never exist.

But not a single word we read or right is going to impact what we get and when we get it. If a game company starts responding to social media, it’s over. It means they don’t have confidence in their own game.