Old 01-12-2022, 09:14 PM   #4
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: 2022 Fitness Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Live 013
Decided to take a second (third?) look at my diet tonight and, while it is still trash, according to my calorie intake I might be under eating?

Took a look at the nutritional facts on the websites for the fast food chains (or brands) I most frequent (Wendy's, Popeye's and Digiorno). According to my age, height, weight, activity level and goals I should be eating anything from 2,000 calories to 2,900 calories per day. This according to a myriad of "calories calculators" available on the internet.

Yet with my awesome (read: not awesome, totally unscientific and most certainly unhealthy) "1 meal a day" thing I got going on I'm eating about 2,200 calories per day but some days only 1,500.

For example some days I only eat one of these.

And to think some days I felt bad when I added some snacks with that pizza

Anyways, now that I'm (relatively) firmly on the exercise train I need to take things more seriously and stop winging my diet.
If you're only eating one meal a day then I wouldn't recommend the pizza. You're going to be missing out on most of your daily nutritional needs.

I'm not a big of diets, especially crash diets and if you starve yourself then you'll workouts will suffer as will the results. I'd recommend just starting with the mindset of "more good days than bad days" when it come to food. Fill up on veggies. They'll help you satisfy your appetite as it starts growing with more exercise. Leaner meats (lean beef, chicken, fish), cut out sugary drinks and fried food, a lot of water, and a lot of patience. Drastic weight loss due to strict diets IMO are tougher to maintain long-term.

Also, weight training and listening to your body. If your body is telling you to rest, just do it. Pushing through your knee problem could set you back further if you injure it further. Riding the stationary bike or riding outside when the weather is nice is great. You burn good calories and keep weight off your joints.

Patience brother and keep us updated!

Last edited by KG; 01-12-2022 at 09:18 PM.