View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 12:23 PM   #8
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
The delay for the first game was announced May 18th, 3 weeks after the NFL draft. At that time we still hadn’t heard a single thing about the game. Maybe we will get news around this years draft but I’m not betting on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I can see it from both sides. I understand why NFL would want to use both Madden and 2k to bring added hype to the upcoming season. But also understand why 2k might have wanted to wait until they were comfortable with the game being ready and having their own window far from Madden.

I don't like the idea of a holiday release for a NFL game just because the casual fan is only playing it in season, so there's just a 2 month window. But also don't like how early they release NBA 2k. NBA2K releases 5-6 weeks before the season. I rather see it release early October instead. I do see 2k releasing before NFL season as NFL desires

I think the draft would be the best time to reveal it. Madden has the popularity where it doesn't need to(besides Madden 20). It would be best to pair the reveal with a NFL offseason milestone