View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 07:51 AM   #15
Careless Whisper
MVP

Careless Whisper's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Rise of the Carnegie Mellon Tartans (MVP 07 NCAA Baseball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpstax
yes!!

Glad to see you carry this over
Thanks, glad to have you along for the ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Need to find some Lefties. MacLean is going to see alot of innings this year. Well it doesn't look like you will need to go out and look for SP right away, having 5 Seniors in the starting linep means your going to be very young by next season. I don't really remember to much about the recruiting process in this game but hopefully you can land some solid talent.

What are your plans on building the program around. Pitching/Defense, Contact/Speed, or just try and outscore everyone by hitting HR's.
Definitely will be targeting some lefties in recruiting, because you're right - MacLean will see a ton of innings as the only southpaw and I won't be able to play L/L matchups as much. Tillman is probably the only sure bet to be in next season's rotation, since only four of the players (Tillman/Karl for pitchers, Kreuter/Salters as position players) are by far the highest rated guys on the roster.

The recruiting process is pretty easy in this game and I could go out and land three top 100 guys this year if I really wanted to, but of course I'm limiting that with the academic standards and other house rules. I'm still not sure if I'm going to build my team in a certain direction yet; I tend to side with getting mashers on offense and power pitchers in the rotation and pen, but really I'm just trying to get as many guys in the door as possible right now and worry about a specific style later.
Advertisements - Register to remove