View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 12:46 PM   #512
moose141
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: #H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless Whisper
That's how you close out a signing day! Loving the matchup with Maryland, seems like a natural non-conference fit that should provide a challenge.
Absolutely, some gigantic signings to reload the defense on the back of a solid season. Gonna reassess the recruiting house rules that I have in place to just make sure things aren't too easy, as even though I've had a few good seasons, Pitt still isn't a true blue blood like an Alabama or LSU even though we do have a good national history, so I want to keep recruiting challenging. I do have the rule where I can only use 2 upgrades per each 1 win I had in the season before, so even though my coach is Level 25 I can only use 22 upgrades this season. I may explore lessening that in the future further, but I'm good with that so far. I did also make it so that I can only go after guys either from a pipeline or that have initial interest in me otherwise, so that limits the pool right off the bat. One thing I may explore is only being able to scout 50% of the way, and making it so that rather than the no scouting policy that I had implemented, that I can scout guys who are 3* or below in my pipeline to 50% or something like that. At least helps to find some 3* gems rather than me just trying to sign 4* and 5* players cause they have a higher base overall.

I'm also very excited about the Maryland matchup! I was surprised at little Pitt had played them, but knew we hadn't seen them at any point that I could remember. I'm more excited for the color matchup, as Maryland has some of my favorite uniforms in the entire country and I can't wait to see those Flag helmets against us. I want them to do well, also, so it's a shame they've struggled so much because I like the school a lot; I had considered going there for undergrad and did take a tour and whatnot.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey