View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 10:35 PM   #18
ajs41072
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Best Tennis Game

The best tennis game I've played is Grand Slam Tennis on the Wii. The ball could land anywhere on the court and the motion controls were really good and it felt like you were playing tennis.

Random thoughts:

Top Spin 4 is good, but the ball physics kill it for me. When I said the ball could land anywhere on the court, in Top Spin 4, time your button press right, the ball lands lets say 6 inches inside the sideline. If you time your button press wrong, the ball lands 6 inches outside the sideline. The problem is, the ball never lands in the area between 6 inches inside and 6 inches outside the sideline.

Virtua Tennis was a lot of fun, but too much diving made it seem unrealistic. I do remember having a lot of fun with the Virtual Tennis on Dreamcast, but still, it's arcadey.

In trying to think of others, Grand Slam on the PS3 was awful, which was really disappointing to me considering how much I liked the Wii version. Tennis Elbow is good for the little I've played against the CPU, but I can't seem to find an online opponent. TWT is bad. There was a PS2 WTA game that was pretty good.

I like tennis games where the ball hits the net, goes out of bounds (sometimes VT felt like that never happened), has close calls on the lines. AO2 is up there, it is a bit fast and sometimes I feel I have to guess a direction on any shot or I won't be able to return it. I like how you can download players in AO2 so the rosters are unlimited. I wish the line judges and ball boys got involved in AO2.