Old 12-18-2019, 09:39 PM   #7
Pappy Knuckles
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: UFC 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
if cowboy keeps him away a little bit or takes it to the ground, rd 2 and 3 will be very interesting. I don't think connor can get him out of there after the 1st once Cerrone starts 'clicking' The reach is a thing in this one too imo. Cerrone is also very good at punishing people lol, like if he finds that something is working he's take full advantage.

I tend to agree with you though when looking at only the 1st round.
For me, the thing about Cerrone 'clicking' late is that he only does that against B-level fighters and opponents whose striking isn't on par with his. His win over Iaquinta was nice, but I'd put him in that category too, albeit a strong B. Before then, the last "good" win that Cerrone had was probably Benson and that feels like forever ago.

I really hope that he surprises me and tries to get Conor to the ground, as you suggested. If he goes that route I like his chances much more.

I just get the feeling that Cowboy will want to dance with Conor. I'm fully expecting to see him giving us one of those "Aw shucks" and a half-smile at the end of the fight after Conor pieces him up. But who knows, maybe Conor will look terrible. I'm interested to see how it plays out either way. The rest of the card sure isn't doing it for me.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 12-19-2019 at 01:50 AM.