View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 10:43 AM   #54
jonah66
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Krebstar's FIFA 19 Professional Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Yeah, the biggest issue now on WC is when you face a quality side. When doing that, I'm tempted to turn up their pass error further but then when facing an average side it feels right.

I might eventually move back down to Pro, but am thankfully enjoying WC for right now.

In terms of defensive tips, I have a few:
  • Set your CMs and CDMs to cover center, not wing in their individual instructions. Also, unless you want to all-out attack, I'd set your CDMs to stay back when attacking, and even your CMs to stay on the edge of the box.
  • Set your CDMs to "cut passing lanes" instead of "man marking" in their individual instructions. You don't want defenders pulling out of position, you want them covering spaces. That's how you intercept passes and break up attacks—not by marking players individually or tackling often.
  • Never use "constant pressure" for your defense unless you're desperate. I switched to it for the last ten minutes in my Inter CM against Spurs as I was chasing a goal, and chaos of course began but it was the chaos I needed to try and get a scrappy goal and it did work.
  • Only use "drop back" if you have quality defenders and two CDM players, that way when you drop back, you're not inviting too much pressure. To me, "pressure on heavy touch" is really balanced and a safe way of playing defensively, even more so than the "balanced" setting.
  • Know when to clear the ball and get it out of your third. We all want to pass from the back, but when you've got 15-minute halves that's not always the best option. I'd rather take a throw-in than concede a shot, and I'd rather defend a corner than give up a cheap goal off a poor pass from the back.
  • Contain, don't always pressure. Sometimes the best defense is waiting, cutting passing lanes, and going for an intercept. These sliders are set up for that—with the slow pass speed and high pass errors you're more likely to intercept or break up a pass—don't rely on tackling.
Great tips, I'll bear these in mind. Thanks Krebstar.