Old 09-22-2016, 12:00 PM   #18
Matt10
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Haha, damn man I just sent you a PM about my initial thoughts, didn't realize this was even here already! You boys are quick!
As far as initial thoughts. Completely agree with the idea of "reigning it all in" slight reductions in sprint/acc combined with more significant lowering of pass speed and run frequency resulted in a really nice ebb and flow.
Positioning was the best it's ever been out of the box, and unless things change dramatically with the day one patch, line settings may only be needed for fine tuning, as opposed to full on correcting.
There's a huge huge difference in player quality. Star players stand out, and make a difference.
All over the pitch, the one on one battles are great. Once I get a handle on how to use and counteract the new shielding mechanic I feel it will be really enjoyable.
Shot and pass selection by the AI is quite varied, and it seems that thus far they are very adept at exploiting your club's weaknesses.
If you're overly aggressive on the attacking end, be prepared to pay.
Hilarious....You and I are like this, sir...just pm'd you the same thing.

Positioning is very, very good. There is a calmness to it, and then a much better, more responsive, reaction to what is happening on the pitch. So far, no ADD, but so far there is a lot of FIFA 16 code in this gameplay, a lot - and it's not like we didn't expect that. I believe that is more of a good thing because we are not needing to necessarily start from scratch.

Agreed, players stick out. I said that in my stream yesterday. I could feel my tall forward in Matty Smith (Fulham) tower over players, while Scott Parker just felt like the bruiser, energetic, midfielder he is.

Good stuff!