Old 04-08-2016, 12:13 PM   #6
fearwhatnow
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: DiRT Rally Review (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy
A few things I would add to this review which might swing it for some...

Not only does it include standard rally events it's also includes Rally cross and hill climb and whilst that is a stripped back roster of event from the previous dirt outings it's nice to see More than just Straight pure rally events.

I have always found the inclusion of Rally Cross a massive bonus for rally games as it gives head to head racing and overtaking to master a skill set usually not needed.

Whilst they clearly need to add more tracks and cars to the rally cross section I was shocked and pleased
To see my local (5 min walk from my old house) rally cross track included.

There are only 3 different rally cross locations as standard.

This game is brutally punishing... I've only had a few races and it looks gorgeous, sounds gorgeous and plays well... No regrets buying it but I suspect I won't win race for months!

On the three Rally games on the ps4 this wins by miles..... But content wise it's stripped back from its cousins on the PS3.... Which I think everyone will agree is disappointing

Also on the review....

It's also worth noting that in Europe Rally racing is much bigger than NASCAR and isn't really seem as a niche Motorsport.

You will find it much easier to find a Rally fan in the UK for example than a NASCAR fan.
Rally is indeed very popular here in Europe. Also NASCAR is largely underrated here and many jokes have been created about it because of the (mostly) oval racing.
The fact is that Rally combines driving skills, dangerous driving and exotic places. The negative is the "ghost" timed racing and maybe that's why the motorsport is not popular in US.