View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 01:07 AM   #273
JacobHoward412
Rookie

JacobHoward412's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k16 Glitches/Bugs Thread (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcupolo
After playing and simulating through multiple games and season, I started to notice many bugs and glitches.

I finally got around to writing them down. Here is my partially complete list:

1. Too many rebounds bounce high and over the backboard therefore going out of bounds. I'd say about 4-5 a game. This seems to be too high of a frequency.

2. Players often watch rebounds that are easily attainable go out of bounds.

3. Erratic passing in some situations. I've experienced my players throwing bullet passes which fly out of bounds to players that are 5 feet from them.

4. Players continue to fatigue while on the bench. Seems counter-intuitive. I need to call a time-out often for the fatigue to start reversing after substituting.

5. Occasionally players blatantly step out of bounds when a pass is coming to them. Usually this happens on the wings. The player receiving the pass will step out of bounds with both feet before catching the pass.

6. Defensive switching is odd and laughable at times, mixing up the whole defensive coverages.

7. In game statistic overlays are often wrong. A feature of first half rebounding numbers will show FGA/FGM instead. First and Second half statistic features will show a team comparison. It's a broken system and gets annoying.

8. The score overlays in games and practice modes interfere with the shot meter. Would be beneficial for the overlay to fade away when you take a shot from the area of the court where the overlay is covering. This is especially troubling in the practice mode where you try to own the court as the overlay takes up over half of the left side of the shooting zones.

9. Team overall rating breaks when simulating through to the 3rd or 4th season. For example, the Hawks top 3 players had rating of 85, 79, and 76, and were rated a 99. My team had top 3 player ratings of 96, 93, and 89, and my team had an overall rating of 90. Doesn't make sense.

10. When setting rotations in the association mode: When starting a PF in the C slot or a SG in a SF slot, the CPU switches them out when you return to the rotation screen with the next highest player at the actual position. It doesn't change their minutes, but it's just an annoying occurrence.

Really disappointed with this game. Especially for a full price title. So many things are broken that weren't in years prior. Its obvious that this is just a shell over previous editions (all the menu options are exactly the same, with just a new design), I don't understand how all of these little things went wrong.

I'd be much happier if they gave us 2k11 with consistently updated rosters and the incredible gameplay it had, but alas this game is a buggy disappointment.
I play frequently as well and have noticed many of these. I've also noticed rotations are badly glitched. Guys that start but play less than 20 minutes will play 30+ minutes regardless of what the rotation says, and teams will a 9 man rotation will play 1 player close to 48 minutes, again, regardless of what the rotation says.