Old 11-17-2015, 07:28 AM   #75
Money99
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NHL Off-Topic thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Just wanted to hear opinions of "outsiders" on this, it's not a rumor or suggestion from anyone, but do people think the Leafs would/should change their logo? Or has it gotten to the point where their current logo is so iconic with the franchise(despite it being the most unsuccessful logo in the history of sports,even worse than Cubs,who've only had their current logo for 35 or so years),that they just couldn't change it?

With their 100th year coming up next year,I think it'd be nice to see some sort of mini rebrand. Similar to what the Jays did in MLB(which I think many would agree,is one of the prime examples of how to properly do a rebrand which modernizes your old school look), and what teams like Sabres/Caps/Pens have done recently in a modernization of their old logo.

The biggest "cash cow" in hockey, what better way to drive up revenue than bringing in a new primary logo to the franchise? New merchandise=new revenue stream for the team. Even Red Sox did this in MLB recently. Changed their circular Boston Red Sox logo for 30+ years, into an alternate,and brought back their old school pair of socks logo they had used up until the 60s).
I'd be fine with them altering their logo a bit.
I think it's easier with the Leafs since they've already altered it a couple of times in the past.
It's not like the Blackhawks or Wings logo which has gone relatively untouched since their inception.

But with the Leafs, why not?
Advertisements - Register to remove