View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 09:22 PM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Retro Console/Game Collecting Thread

Recently, I've been adding to my game system collection, and was curious if there's other guys on OS that are collecting for a certain system and/or playing games on a specific retro console/handheld.

Right now, I'm all about the GBA. Snagged the coveted 101 model with the extra backlit screen and the handheld is in near-mint condition (no scratches on screen or shell, charger plug-in is a little dirty). For $50, I was happy to pick it up as eBay and Amazon are selling poor quality 101's for more than that.

I've picked up Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission, The of Legend of Zelda The Minish Cap, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Super Mario Bros. 3 in the last week. Also have picked up Fire Pro Wrestling, Super Mario Advance 2-3, Donkey Kong Country and The Legend of Zelda A Link To The Past. Zero Mission and Minish Cap were a little pricey, but all others were under $20.

Drill Dozer
Advance Wars
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Castlevania Dual Pack

Those are the next games on my list to acquire.

Looking at getting into the GameCube next. Only sparingly played the system as I was PS2-obsessed then, but there are a lot of games I'd like to check out. The system is pretty cheap and outside of 5-6 games, most can be had for $10 or less.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove