Old 07-30-2014, 01:34 PM   #79
cdawg44
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: The 2014-15 EPL Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlducks
This might be a stupid question but I have never been to the other side of the "pond" so I am not sure what it's like. But how close is the move Green Street Hooligans to how it actually is at games? Are fans really that mean to each other?
It's really calmed down since Heysel and Hillsborough. The chanting is similar, but the fighting has really been clamped down on. The only place I'd be scared as a Gooner to go to would be Italy and Donestsk because the Ultras there are a little off and I really don't think the cops their are as proactive to handle stuff like that. Plus the Racism in Italy and parts of Eastern Europe and parts of the Balkans is way out of control. Besides that, the Home Office even spies on known Hooligans and breaks up potential fights at pubs, neighborhoods and other off site locations if you are in the UK.

Also if you wear a kit or a scarf or any club gear to the game, your are pretty much off limits to "true hooligans".

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes