View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #6
Timeetyo
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
The biggest thing I need to know about this offense is formation selection. I plan on using GT's playbook to get a feel for the offense, but when you watch them play the use the Flexbone Normal formation 80% of the time even though there are several more Flexbone formations to use. I am curious on how others go about this.

Also, the other question I have is related to position changes and player rating dropping because of it. Do any of you Flexbone guys worry about player's ratings taking a significant dive when you switch them around? Converting TEs to WR or a big HBs to FB would seem to hurt their overall value. Any advice on this would help. Thanks.
My plan is to primarly play out of the normal formation and cycle through the others to pick up a few other formations with plays that i love that i can sprinkle in to my playbook.

For the conversion - I believe this is only an issue if you are simming games as that seems to rely heavily on OVR rating. I have done enough moving players in the past that I am not too worried about the lost rating on conversion. This is also mitigated by picking athletes to start with (HB/WR athlete for A backs, HB/RB athlete for QB, etc). The one with the largest negative is the TE>WR, but if you get a decent recieving TE he should do just fine at WR.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html