Old 03-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #33
BenGerman
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: College Hoops coming to next gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77
There's an article in the USA today clamoring on about how popular March madness is this time of year. And who doesn't already know that?

Look, a college basketball game is a must but it needs to hit shelves closer to March madness. Late febuary would work. During or right before the conference tournaments begin. That's when the tournament begins their advertisements, bracket challenges, ESPN gets heavy on the lunardi bracketology, marketing. Lets face it, March madness is popular beyond belief, the regular season isn't, at least not to the casual college hoops fan.
From what I know (which, admittedly, is not much) the biggest issue is the player likeness stuff.

My take on it is that EA is hesitant to do anything NCAA related right now, and the reason NCAA Football is still up and running is because of money it makes. I think 2K wants to see the dust settle on the lawsuit, and then might make a move.

Again, from the small bits I know, developers/producers have been contemplating a game because of the large amount of success 2K has had with their NBA series (both critically and economically). March Madness makes a ton of money, and the trick is figuring out how to market a college basketball game and assimilating it with the tournament.

We'll see, but I'd bet a decent sum of money that we see someone give the game a shot (not next year, but the year after probably). This would leave time for the lawsuit to be sorted out, and to get the game established on next-gen hardware.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10