View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 07:18 AM   #2
deaduck
MVP

OVR: 42
Re: Your brain fart(s) of the day

More of a concussion story but....

One weekend a few years back I had got a nasty smack to the head from a chair and didn't get my dome checked. I was on call as a maintenance man so I got paged to look at a water heater. Now up to this point my brain had seemed fine from my own perspective... untill I tried to use the pipe cutters. My hand eye was so wonky I couldn't get a flow going so I figured the pipe cutters were broke. Went to my truck to get another set of cutters (which I did not have/own), stupidly realized I didn't have a second pair went back into the apartment and now couldn't find the first pair. After wandering around looking for them realized I had gone back into the wrong apartment. Back outside, I came to the conclusion that I need to go see a doctor. Drove myself to a nearby ER...sat down in the waiting area without checking in and just sat there for a couple of hours until the duty nurse came out to check on me because the receptionist was about to make a shift change and noted I had been there for too long.

My brain has never been the same.