View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 09:21 PM   #41
onlybygrace
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Return of The Russian Rocket...But To WHO???

Interview With Pavel Bure On NHL Coolshots...

This season has been an exciting in Pittsburgh. The Pens are the talk of the town and the hottest ticket in the city. It is nearly impossible to get tickets to see the Pens and its not just because the Pens are leading the Eastern Conference or because of the recent 10-game win streak...its not even because of young phenoms Sidney Crosby or Evgeni Malkin...but it has been a blast from the past...a rocket blast.

(shows some Bure highlights)

"Here comes Bure down the wing, cutting in...shooting...SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORES. PAVEL BUUUUUUUREEEEEEEE. #19 on the season and the Pens tie the game at 2!!! (horn blaring!!!)

The Russian Rocket is officially back on the NHL scene and the fans of Pittsburgh and hockey in general are loving it.

Recently, we sat down with The Russian Rocket, to talk to him about his comeback this season.

Coolshots: Glad to have you with us, Pavel. What has been the biggest change since you've come back this season...as opposed to before you retired?

Bure: Well...to me it is the two-line pass rule not there. I not like dat rule much. It hurt...uh...da flow...of the game...my game, which is to score goals.

CS: It has been said, Pavel, that you are selfish with the puck. Currently you have 209 shots in 37 games...second in the league to Ilya Kovalchuk...

Bure: Let me stop you there...I not apologize for way I play hockey. My team wins...I play my game. I lead team in assists...I see shot...I shoot...sometimes I force it...but I have high expectations...some call it drive, some say I selfish...I say I love to score goals...most important that Pittsburgh Penguins win hockey games.

CS: Fair enough...how long did you train for this comeback? What sort of work outs?

Bure: I have been training slowly...patiently...for about 3 years. I wanted to take time...to...to get confident to come here and play a lot. So...I just started skating...eating right...hitting the gym...never pushing to hard...so...over time, I end up here talking to you about it...(says laughing)

CS: What do you want from this season in Pittsburgh?

Bure: I tink dat is obvious...we want Stanley Cup...nothing less. We are winning a lot of games...and the standard has been set...

CS: Thank you for your time and talking with us Pavel...

Keep an eye out for the Pens down the stretch and in the playoffs as they look to bring the Cup home to Pittsburgh.

(btw, my stanley cup playoff coverage will be a lot more involved. with the writeups being more article-like instead of just stats...the playoffs are what hockey is all about, so that will be more involved.)
Advertisements - Register to remove