View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 12:38 AM   #3
onlybygrace
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Return of The Russian Rocket...But To WHO???

A Rocket Has Landed...

The Pittsburgh Penguins consider themselves very lucky today.

Two weeks after retired super-sniper Pavel Bure made it known that he had been rehabbing his knee and was contemplating a comeback, the Penguins convinced the Russian Rocket that Pittsburgh was the place he needed to be.

"I think it was obvious. The Penguins have of of the best teams in hockey.. is very young... is exciting. I'm happy to be back in NHL. I think I am the piece they need", said the former 60-goal scorer who in a career shorted by knee injuries was able to tally 437 goals and 342 assists for 779 points in just 702 games.

Bure, who many skeptics feel is still injury prone, is fully confident that his abilities are still at an elite level.

"I've been training and skating ever since 2005...slowly building my strength. I know what it feels like to be an elite player...I am that now", remarked Bure in response to the skeptics.

Penguins nation is obviously excited to have the Russian Rocket on its side and the NHL as a whole should also be very happy to have one last chance to see one of the greatest pure goal scorers to ever play the game skate once again.