Home

***The Official Arsenal Gunners" Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Arsenal Gunners" Thread*** within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-27-2014, 04:54 PM   #7873
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: ***The Official Arsenal Gunners" Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I am hearing the Khedira deal is back on? Apparently he has dropped his wage demands, don't know if Arsenal will still pull the trigger.
I've heard that too. Who knows, I gotta feeling the Khedira situation will drag on for the rest of the window. But, we are getting done signing absolute needs and now we are moving into depth and luxury signings. Such a nice change of pace from last summer. Our only true absolute needs are a backup CB and a loan for a 3rd GK which may get done soon. Then we can worry about Khedira, Bender, et al... And and another striker.

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 07-27-2014, 10:32 PM   #7874
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg44
I've heard that too. Who knows, I gotta feeling the Khedira situation will drag on for the rest of the window. But, we are getting done signing absolute needs and now we are moving into depth and luxury signings. Such a nice change of pace from last summer. Our only true absolute needs are a backup CB and a loan for a 3rd GK which may get done soon. Then we can worry about Khedira, Bender, et al... And and another striker.
I have a feeling Chambers could be a good fit as DM as well. The few youtube vids I have watched of him seems like he is naturally a midfielder or CB rather than a fullback.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:51 AM   #7875
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

So, with the signing of Chambers in the region of £16m, I think we can all safely say now that if Arsene had the money to spend in the past several years, he would have.

Most of us can agree on that, correct?

To me, it's fairly clear that the money just wasn't there to be spent. Not that Arsene refused, and was being handed a "warchest" each Summer, only not spend it.

The stadium did it, as well as the initial stadium deal. However, as we've heard for years, after that rough patch we'd be able to compete at a higher level due to the increased revenue the stadium would bring.

Obviously, we must now win, but at least now we have the resources to win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2014, 11:00 AM   #7876
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

So, Sky is reporting we've accepted a £3m offer from Hull for Jenkinson.

I really don't want to see him go. He loves the club so much. Damn.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:47 AM   #7877
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
So, with the signing of Chambers in the region of £16m, I think we can all safely say now that if Arsene had the money to spend in the past several years, he would have.

Most of us can agree on that, correct?

To me, it's fairly clear that the money just wasn't there to be spent. Not that Arsene refused, and was being handed a "warchest" each Summer, only not spend it.

The stadium did it, as well as the initial stadium deal. However, as we've heard for years, after that rough patch we'd be able to compete at a higher level due to the increased revenue the stadium would bring.

Obviously, we must now win, but at least now we have the resources to win.
Honestly it is impressive when you think about what Wenger has done without spending. Now that he can spend, I wonder how fast the gap between Chelsea and City will close.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:49 PM   #7878
All Star

jt45's Arena

OVR: 18

Some had reported Gnabry and Jenks would go on loan to Soton as part of the deal. I like that option better.

I want to hope we are still in for a splashy DM signing or even another striker, but my gut says Arsene has finished his business.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:21 PM   #7879
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

OVR: 0

Reports are stating we're in for Douglas Costa who'd cost us £16m. It's like Arsene has discovered the financial takeover trait in FIFA and is now running wild. If we get Costa I assume Wenger will go for this frontline:

Sanchez
Costa - Özil - Walcott

With Sanchez as CF. We certainly won't lack pace like that. The only thing we still need is a top DM and maybe another CB.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:38 PM   #7880
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
Reports are stating we're in for Douglas Costa who'd cost us £16m. It's like Arsene has discovered the financial takeover trait in FIFA and is now running wild. If we get Costa I assume Wenger will go for this frontline:

Sanchez
Costa - Özil - Walcott

With Sanchez as CF. We certainly won't lack pace like that. The only thing we still need is a top DM and maybe another CB.
But we don't need another winger, even if Sanchez is seen as a CF. Costa is a great player, but I would rather the money be spent on a DM, or natural striker. Unless Wenger is planning on selling someone like Cazorla, but I doubt it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »