Home

Eastern Conference Playoffs - 1st Round Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Eastern Conference Playoffs - 1st Round Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-03-2024, 07:42 AM   #289
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Eastern Conference Playoffs - 1st Round Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
Moving forward, I'm definitely missing Randle. All the load is on Brunson at this point. The ball handling late was disgusting if not in Jalen's hands.
Yeah, Knicks are down to a seven-man rotation. Sucks with the Bojan injury.
Old 05-03-2024, 07:44 AM   #290
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
I’d say classic Knicks for scaring us but they don’t usually get the job done. Shout out to Maxey. Embiid must be stopped at all costs though. On to Indiana.
This was a hard-fought series, just like the ones we had with Miami during the late 90s. Knicks handled their business on the offensive glass with 20. Hart had 14 boards, and OG (who had a terrific series) with 9. On to Indiana, just like old times.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:08 AM   #291
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

How's it looking like to spend the 60 million cap space on? It seems like Paul George is target #1, who else if he doesn't sign ? I saw the ringer mentioned Claxton to play alongside Joel

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Considering that the consensus at the start of consensus and after the trade deadline was that they were wasting a year of Embiid’s prime, it's not like that there was high expectations. I didn't think Embiid’s knee would hold up going forward in playoff, especially with Pacers's pace of play.
es.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2024, 09:45 AM   #292
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
He actually did it twice. He getting suspended and a fine.

I can continue to not like Patrick Beverly. Have never ever liked that dude.

https://x.com/mitchellorin/status/1786207164849168455
Found out this morning he disrespected a ESPN reporter and told her to get out.

I take that back, we don't need that attitude here.

This season was a complete embarrassment based on high expectations from top to bottom, bad management, bad roster, no defense, injuries, (maybe a copout, but the main 3 only played 5 games together).

The people that need to leave is Pat Bev, Brook(he's slow), Malik, Gallo, Crowder, Pat C, and Marjon. The main 3 need a whole offseason to work together and Doc needs load management.

Last edited by roadman; 05-03-2024 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-03-2024, 10:09 AM   #293
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I do wonder how they handle the Cap Space Plan. As I said, there are a couple guys I'm willing to keep, but I'm okay with completely resetting the roster. I do think that if they could get another legit wing scorer, that could help lighten the offensive load for Embiid and keep him fresh.

Tobias Harris was solid for his first four years of his max contract. He was usually good for 12-18 points a game, solid defense, average rebounding. This whole season, Harris has seemed mentally checked out like he was ready to finally get out of Philly. He's a good vet. But, he's not really a good 3rd or 4th option scorer. He almost has to be a 2nd option scorer for him to be effective. He wants to be able to cook from the mid range. He's the type of player that you have to run plays for early and keep him involved or he disappears. Even with Embiid out for a few months, Harris was still 3rd or 4th option, heck even when Embiid and Maxey out, Harris wasn't stepping up. When you're a 3rd or 4th option scorer as a starter, you have to be willing to take open shots, cut to the basket, and get hustle points. That's not his game
I read that the Sixers will have 65ish in cap space now with Reed contract being non-guaranteed.

There will be moves for them to make. I'd probably start with bringing back Oubre.

I also think you might see the Sixers and Knicks go at it for PG.
Old 05-03-2024, 10:17 AM   #294
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I know of a PG they can have.... a dynamite scorer and elite passer lol

Quote:
I read that the Sixers will have 65ish in cap space now with Reed contract being non-guaranteed.

There will be moves for them to make. I'd probably start with bringing back Oubre.

Old 05-03-2024, 02:02 PM   #295
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:

I think it can get all way up to 73 if they renounce Melton as well. Oubre is the main guy I would want back. Maybe Hield depending on the moves we make

As far as center, Reed can go too. Utah did us a favor by making that offer sheet that way. The whole FA class is lackluster. Only backup Centers I would be interested in is Drummond(and the BS that comes with him) or Eubanks

Sixers liked the idea of starting a true PG next to Maxey so it allows Maxey to be more of a scorer. The ideal type of backcourt partner for Maxey is a taller combo guard who can facilitate, hit spot up threes, and defend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I know of a PG they can have.... a dynamite scorer and elite passer lol
Player not named is likely the Lakers or Spurs problem... I mean answer lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2024, 03:22 PM   #296
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I think it can get all way up to 73 if they renounce Melton as well. Oubre is the main guy I would want back. Maybe Hield depending on the moves we make

As far as center, Reed can go too. Utah did us a favor by making that offer sheet that way. The whole FA class is lackluster. Only backup Centers I would be interested in is Drummond(and the BS that comes with him) or Eubanks

Sixers liked the idea of starting a true PG next to Maxey so it allows Maxey to be more of a scorer. The ideal type of backcourt partner for Maxey is a taller combo guard who can facilitate, hit spot up threes, and defend.

Player not named is likely the Lakers or Spurs problem... I mean answer lol
I might not speak for all Spur fans, but I want no parts of Trae Young and his massive contract.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »