Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Rocket League (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=604)
-   -   Best Sports Game of the Decade: #2 Rocket League (/forums/showthread.php?t=963528)

ChaseB 01-17-2020 11:00 AM

Best Sports Game of the Decade: #2 Rocket League

Rocket League has had such an impact on sports games and soccer that it's hard to...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.

CujoMatty 01-17-2020 01:25 PM

I got this when it first came out free on PlayStation network a few years ago. I still play it at least 3-4 times a week. One of the greatest games ever made.

milkmanbonzai 01-17-2020 05:07 PM

Fantastic writeup, Rocket League is awesome. Easy to pick up, hard to put down

MakePostGreatAgain 02-12-2020 03:30 PM

Re: Best Sports Game of the Decade: #2 Rocket League

RL would easily be one of the best competitive "sports-like" game ever if the distribution of ability was smoother.

In my opinion it's the only thing holding it back and it's quite the large issue. There are a ton of new, bad players and a ton of legacy, god-tier players and little in-between.

Its just not fun to beat up on players considerably worse than you, and its no fun to get beat up by players considerably better than you. So few players make it to the right side of the skill distribution and just quit.

Pro MB Gaming 01-18-2022 05:55 AM

Great article!

XxEGANBOYZxX 10-09-2022 01:36 PM

i absolutely agree

XxEGANBOYZxX 10-09-2022 01:37 PM

a very fair point and I have to say I agree with you

Maria24 12-21-2023 05:34 AM

Rocket League as #2? Nah, this deserves the top spot! The way it reinvented "soccer" with rocket-powered cars is pure genius. It's approachable yet endlessly deep, competitive yet hilarious, and its esports scene is booming. Plus, free DLC keeps things fresh. Hands down, the most innovative and entertaining sports game of the decade.