Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Soccer (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=520)
-   -   The 2018-19 All Things English Football Thread (EPL/EFL/FA Cup/EFL Cup) (/forums/showthread.php?t=933570)

Suntan Superman 06-14-2018 10:26 AM

The 2018-19 All Things English Football Thread (EPL/EFL/FA Cup/EFL Cup)

Fixture List announced!

Opening weekend:

Arsenal v Manchester City
Bournemouth v Cardiff City
Fulham v Crystal Palace
Huddersfield Town v Chelsea
Liverpool v West Ham United
Manchester United v Leicester City
Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur
Southampton v Burnley
Watford v Brighton
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Everton

For the first time in OS's history, a new man will be in charge of Arsenal, Unai Emery gets to kick off his career against last year's winner Pep Guardiola! Then off to Chelsea and West Ham.

Spuds will open their new home against Liverpool in mid September.

Don't forget the transfer window closes with the start of the season this year, no more feeling the team out fixtures!

Leon 06-14-2018 12:05 PM

re: The 2018-19 All Things English Football Thread (EPL/EFL/FA Cup/EFL Cup)

Checking in for my annual suggestion: how about we turn the EPL thread into the EPL/FA/League Cup thread? I'd even just turn it into the 2018-2019 English League thread, so that the "All Other Leagues/Competitions Thread" is rid of english football discussion and there's no more overlap between the two.

Suntan Superman 06-14-2018 12:13 PM

re: The 2018-19 All Things English Football Thread (EPL/EFL/FA Cup/EFL Cup)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2049390683)
Checking in for my annual suggestion: how about we turn the EPL thread into the EPL/FA/League Cup thread? I'd even just turn it into the 2018-2019 English League thread, so that the "All Other Leagues/Competitions Thread" is rid of english football discussion and there's no more overlap between the two.

Changed it, unless a mod changes it back, I'm down for this

edit: just changed the post title, not the thread title, so a mod will have to do it.

Krebstar 06-14-2018 04:42 PM

Re: The 2018-19 All Things English Football Thread (EPL/EFL/FA Cup/EFL Cup)

Arsenal's opening fixtures...oof. Still, insanely excited for the season to start.

Turbojugend 06-15-2018 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2049390683)
I'd even just turn it into the 2018-2019 English League thread, so that the "All Other Leagues/Competitions Thread" is rid of english football discussion and there's no more overlap between the two.

If that's the case, please let me voice my anticipation for yet another Forest lower-to-mid-table finish. :brickwall

Thrash13 06-18-2018 12:45 AM

It sure is nice to see Fulham on the PL fixture list! Can't wait!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

jb12780 06-20-2018 07:03 PM

Here’s to Spurs getting relegated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~LiverpoolRed~ 07-19-2018 01:42 PM

Only 17 more days until the unofficial kick off to the season begins with the FA Community Shield between Chelsea & Man City.

Seems ages since the World Cup finished.

Still early doors but who do you guys think have had a good transfer window so far?

Of course, I think we have done exceptional but I really like the direction West Ham are going with Pellegrini. They have made some pretty good moves in the market so far with the likes of Felipe Anderson, Yarmolenko, Fabianski and Issa Diop looks a towering beast at CB.