Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment & Technology (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   It All Started Before the Big...BANG!: The Official Young Sheldon Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=917335)

rsnomar05 09-25-2017 10:30 PM

It All Started Before the Big...BANG!: The Official Young Sheldon Thread

The Big Bang Theory prequel premiered tonight. What did you all think?

I personally laughed quite a bit. I'm also sympathetic to Sheldon's sister, as Duck Tales is awesome and I would have wanted to watch that as well.

Majingir 09-25-2017 11:21 PM

Re: It All Started Before the Big...BANG!: The Official Young Sheldon Thread

It was ok. Show itself not the best, but part advertised was. The kid playing Sheldon is good. His sister was funny in it, just being the irrelevant kid lol.

Overall, it reminded me of a poor version of the 90s show Smart Guy.

JayBee74 09-26-2017 12:03 AM

I wasn't really crazy about it but will give it a few more shows.

tdawg3782 09-26-2017 01:44 AM

I actually really liked it. Wasn't crazy funny or anything but had a Malcolm in the Middle feel to it and I loved that show. Really intrigued on where this goes. The kid did a good job and I love the mom and sister. Think this has potential.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

~LiverpoolRed~ 09-26-2017 07:53 AM

I thought it was alright. Laughed a few times. I'll definitely give this a few more episodes. Stupid how it won't be back on again now though until November 2, when Big Bang moves to Thursdays.

I thought they made a fantastic casting choice with the mother. She has the same mannerisms of Laurie Metcalf (Sheldon's mom on Big Bang).

Every time the dad is on the screen, all I see is Leonard's bully Jimmy Speckerman.

aukevin 09-26-2017 09:28 AM

I wasn't really crazy about the first episode, but I don't really like shows that focus around little kids. But most of that first episode was in the first look videos for the show, so that never really helps. Is the next one really not until November? That's nuts!

~LiverpoolRed~ 09-26-2017 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~ (Post 2049038663)

I thought they made a fantastic casting choice with the mother. She has the same mannerisms of Laurie Metcalf (Sheldon's mom on Big Bang).

LOL, just looked her up on IMDB. No wonder she has the same mannerisms, she is Laurie Metcalf's real life daughter. :google:

mgoblue 09-26-2017 01:17 PM

It was amusing...hard to have the pilot be perfect when they're setting everything up.

I need to see a few episodes to see what it'll be like normally