Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Tennis (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=270)
-   -   Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Roundtable (/forums/showthread.php?t=534806)

RaychelSnr 01-31-2012 01:25 PM

Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Roundtable

Several OS Staffers chime in with their thoughts on the Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Roundtable and what they think the game's prospects are when it releases on Valentines Day.

Read More - Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Roundtable

bigdoc85 01-31-2012 02:17 PM

I played a bit with the demo but had trouble getting really excited about it. I got a lot of play time from Top Spin 4 but just couldn't get into this. We'll see if the full game changes my opinion but I'll wait until after the release and the reviews are out.

DGuinta1 01-31-2012 02:25 PM

It was OK though the announcing was bad. They players moved pretty good and fluid. Easy to get acclimated to.

Darkimpact17 01-31-2012 02:53 PM

I thought the game played terrible, i'll stick with my topspin.

gigadkc 01-31-2012 03:30 PM

I actually enjoyed the demo but I won't buy the game because the roster - like in every other tennis game - is horrible. I'll never ever buy a tennis game until there are at least the top 50 men and women included.

rangerrick012 01-31-2012 03:43 PM

Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Roundtable

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigadkc (Post 2043321678)
I actually enjoyed the demo but I won't buy the game because the roster - like in every other tennis game - is horrible. I'll never ever buy a tennis game until there are at least the top 50 men and women included.

For what it's worth at least in this one you can download players that others create and use them on your own game. Not sure how many slots there are or if they come fully developed or you have to build them up yourself once you download them though.

jyoung 01-31-2012 04:09 PM

Tennis games have it a lot tougher than other sports because they have to individually sign each player to the in-game roster.

It is not like football or hockey where you just purchase the NFLPA or NHLPA rights and automatically can use every player in the PA.

The Bimmer 01-31-2012 04:37 PM

The demo plays fine for me. Since the manual reads that we can customize the game settings, more then likely you will be able to adjust the speed of the game if it is to fast.