Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Hockey Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   IceBreaker Talk Heats Up Again, Confirmed in Behind the Scenes Video (/forums/showthread.php?t=449326)

Steve_OS 10-08-2010 07:51 PM

IceBreaker Talk Heats Up Again, Confirmed in Behind the Scenes Video

If you recall, back in February, NaturalMotion, the team behind 505 Games' BackBreaker, filed a trademark for IceBreaker Hockey.

Today, thanks to a post from Kotaku, it has been confirmed.

Check out the behind the scenes video, over at BBC.

BooShay 10-08-2010 08:24 PM

Re: IceBreaker Talk Heats Up Again, Confirmed in Behind the Scenes Video

With NHL getting physics in their game and 2k coming back this will be a verrrry tough sell

ChampN252 10-08-2010 09:31 PM

Don't let the hype fool you. The random physics were a very big problem in BackBreaker. That wasn't a great football game and I don't expect this to be a good hockey game. They left a lot of core football stuff out and I think hockey to a more complicated game. Don't expect it to touch EA or 2K.

Dalsanto0026 10-09-2010 05:35 AM

I actually think this could work. The devs could learn from the mistakes made in Backbreaker and produce a decent Hockey title. Call me optimistic but I have high hopes for this game, besides I'm bored with EA's hockey titles as they've become stale. Don't get me wrong, NHL11 is a very good hockey game but I want something a little different.

Tomba 10-09-2010 09:26 AM

This is good as long as it has a broadcast cam. I'm getting sick n tired of the non broadcast cam movement recently...

ChampN252 10-09-2010 11:52 AM

I saw their physics as more of a problem then anything. I believe that was the root of all their problems not related to leaving stuff out. There were many times when a D-lineman would bull rush or tackle the QB and they flew like 10 feet in the air. In hockey I guess if someone got checked the right way, they would fly into the stands. There were also sideway and backward passes and ridiculous fouls not being called.

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allownetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid212.photobucket.co m%2Falbums%2Fcc299%2FChampN252%2FBackBreaker%2FTos sedQB.flv" width="600" height="361">

Segagendude 10-09-2010 11:53 AM

Seeing how Backbreaker was such a smashing success, I don't blame the devs for trying other sports.

Gotta strike while the iron's hot, right?

/sarcasm.

adamgod8 10-09-2010 12:03 PM

The only thing wrong with Champ's argument is that EA's physics are 100x less impressive than Natural Motion's. Things like people being sent flying and penalties were addressed in the patch. EA's physics in NHL don't even look good. Granted everything else in NHL 11 is awesome.