Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Hockey Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING DYNASTY (/forums/showthread.php?t=290229)

Bolts_26 01-22-2009 05:56 PM

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING DYNASTY

BREAKING NEWS

Today, The Tampa Bay Lightning have sold the team to multi-billionaire, Peter Carey.
We Managed to interview the new owner/GM as he was leaving from the press conference.

Hockey magazine: Are there any goals you are aiming for this season?
Peter Carey: Yes, I really want to focus on our defense, We truly need to be come stronger defensively. Although, I would love to bring the cup home, Our goal is to become division champions.

HM: What are your thoughts on goaltending this year?
PC: Well, I think that Mike Smith is a very young and talented goaltender and Kolzig is an amazing veteran that were lucky to have, and even if his performance isn’t the best, he will still be a great mentor for Mike Smith. In the AHL we have Karri Ramo and Riku Helenius, either could become our #1 goaltender some day!

HM: What are your goals for your AHL team, The Norfolk Admirals?
PC: Hmmm, Well to be honest with you, I will not be paying any attention there, But if I hear that a player is rising there, I will call him up, so I guess my goals are for it to be a good training place to progress some of theses rookies.

HM: How are you playing the game (settings, ect)?
PC: I play all my games, I never ever sim them.
6 minute periods, and on “All-Star” difficulty. Salary cap is on (otherwise I tend to get greedy)

STARTING LINEUPS

LINE 1
V.Prospal- V.Lecavalier- M.St.Loius

LINE 2
R.Malone-S.Stamkos-J. Halpren

LINE 3
M.Rechi-J.Jokinen-G.Roberts

Line 4
E.Artyukhin-R.Craig-A.Hall

Defense line 1
A.Meszaros-S.Eminger

Defense line 2
P.Ranger-M.Malik

Defense line 3
M.Lundin-L.Krajcek

Goalies
M.Smith
O.Kolzig

SabresKings3623 01-22-2009 08:47 PM

Re: TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING DYNASTY

I'll be following. Should be interesting. Solid win over the Sabres last night, 5-3..

Bolts_26 01-24-2009 11:35 AM

UPDATE:

Hey happy to see that I have "followers" already!

There will be a while until the first update comes, because I am playing games and writing them, but not posting, that way I will try to post a game/interview/ect. a day!!

star king3 01-24-2009 12:51 PM

smart move and let me be one of the first to say welcome to OS and sweet dynasty ill be following

Bolts_26 01-24-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star king3 (Post 2039115526)
smart move and let me be one of the first to say welcome to OS and sweet dynasty ill be following

Thank you! Ive read some of yours and it sounds good, so I will catch up and follow!

Also, I changed my intro due to the roster update!

Bolts_26 01-24-2009 05:53 PM

GM, Peter Carey gets to work early, before the first game is even played! This morning he anounced that Defencemen Mike Lundin, Goalie Olaf Kolzig, and a first round choice have been giving to Calgary for star defensemen, Dion Phenuef.

Carey left a comment after the trade was announced.

"I understand that not everybody thinks that this was a great trade but Kolzig told me at training camp that he feels this isn't the right place for him. As Far as Phenuef goes, He is a all around defensemen that will be a great addition to this organization. This also gives our AHL goalies a chance to play, and they will be alternating as back ups every month unless something changes that."

In order for this trade to be possible, Evgeny Artyukhin has been sent to Norfolk, as V.Mihalik, S.Downie, and goalie, Riku Helenius has been called up.

GoldenJet 01-24-2009 06:00 PM

good job Bolts, this dynasty has the potential to become one of the best on these boards. I'll be following as heck.

Bolts_26 01-24-2009 06:58 PM

LIGHTNING TAKE A TOUGH LOSS

The lightning outplayed the opposition, there's no doubt about that.
Prospal sunk the Lightnings first goal of the season on a nicely set-upped one-timer from Vinny Lecavalier.
Penelty's really ruined the lightnings game, as Markus Nausland got a Power Play Goal to tie it at one a piece.
Lightning defensemen took his anger out on Nigel Dawes as he gave him a shoulder to the collarbone, Dawes will not be returning for another 70 days. Rangers Head Coach,Tom Renney, said " It was a disgraceful play, things like this should not be going on here, Malik should be suspended, and the refs didnt even call a damn penelty"
The rest of the game remained scoreless, until Chris Drury scored on the power play in overtime.
Peter Carey was interviwed by Todd Smith (TS) after the game

TS:First off all, Iwould like to say good game to you and your club. Now the lightning dominated every catagory exept for scoring, how did this happen?
PC: Well, You know we outplayed them but both goals were scored on the power play, and what are problem is we like to play offense on the powerplay, which is cool with me as long as your gunna get back there, and we didnt, so they were getting 3 on 1's, and theres only so much the goalie can do.

TS:Speaking of goaltending, whats your thoughts there?
PC: We owe the game to Mike Smith, he stopped 22 of 24 and had probably 10 big desperation saves because there was nobody covering the guys in the zone and at least five 3 on 1's that he stoppes so we truly owe it to him.

TS: Thanks for your time
PC: your Welcome!

The lightning get a rematch against the rangers tommorow, and hopefully get a win.