Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   MLB The Show 24 Criticisms - Five Ways They've Dropped the Ball (/forums/showthread.php?t=1018447)

Steve_OS 04-22-2024 04:39 PM

MLB The Show 24 Criticisms - Five Ways They've Dropped the Ball

As I expressed in my review of MLB The Show 24, the new edition of the...

Written By: Kevin Scott

Click here to view the article.

SOBAY310 04-22-2024 04:46 PM

Re: MLB The Show 24 Criticisms - Five Ways They've Dropped the Ball

Fair points, especially mentioning the predetermined result of a batted ball. The crowd cheers or groans as soon as the ball is hit to let the user know if it’s going to be a hit or not. Helps us on the base paths, but something that gets pretty annoying.

StonewallTexan 04-22-2024 06:07 PM

The increase in foul ball and difficulty striking out especially the CPU is a good/realistic thing! There were too few foul balls (statistically) in 23, and the CPU struck out way too easily.

SOBAY310 04-22-2024 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StonewallTexan (Post 2050908622)
The increase in foul ball and difficulty striking out especially the CPU is a good/realistic thing! There were too few foul balls (statistically) in 23, and the CPU struck out way too easily.

True, in years past it seemed like no matter how crappy my pitcher was and how high I set the difficulty, I could always do fastball up and in, slider away, fastball up and in for the strikeout. Not as easy this year, which is great.

burjeffton 04-23-2024 12:28 PM

I'm floored by how bad some of the graphics are this year. The Show has always looked great, but some of the visuals look like they run on a Wii.

Playing as a Giants franchise, McCovey Cove in San Francisco is atrocious. Isn't there off-the-shelf water assets the team can use to simulate water? It looks worse than the 2014 game, ten years later.

Formula1Racing 04-23-2024 04:38 PM

Yea, I notice that about the DD grind. I couldn't figure out how to get those cards that they keep showing when doing the Drop Event. Until I went to purchase the Jackie Robinson Pack then I figured it out!...Pretty scummy of SDS to do that when they have in in the past did not do this...Oh well..The game is still fun to play with other modes, that's all I have to say.

misterkrabz2 04-24-2024 11:39 AM

Fielder urgency is a real problem. I've had many situation where the player simply will not throw the ball. Or worse I've preloaded a throw in anticipation of making the throw and the fielder does nothing. I don't remember past Show's ever having this issue.

Quentin32 04-24-2024 01:36 PM

For the love of Jay Hova
Why is batting practice not in Franchise?

Mind boggles me

The way this series ignores simple quailty of life fixes ish needs a federal investigation