Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Suggested Rebranded Team Names. (/forums/showthread.php?t=1018169)

Ghost Of The Year 04-03-2024 07:57 PM

Suggested Rebranded Team Names.

Need one for the Angels. Something fitting with LA.

I have the Guardians rebranded as the Cleveland Brown Sox, the Braves as either Atlanta Graves or Georgia Peaches (haven't committed), and the Nationals as the DC Expos. Anyone have other interesting rebrand ideas?

KnightTemplar 04-03-2024 08:40 PM

Re: Suggested Rebranded Team Names.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year (Post 2050902138)

I have the Guardians rebranded as the Cleveland Brown Sox, the Braves as either Atlanta Graves or Georgia Peaches (haven't committed), and the Nationals as the DC Expos. Anyone have other interesting rebrand ideas?

Just curious. Have you checked the name files so that the audio will reflect the new name(s)?

ripwalk 04-03-2024 08:42 PM

There’s a great set of California Grizzlies logos and uniform logos in the vault that I always use for my California-based team.

snaz16 04-03-2024 09:41 PM

Quote:

The Rockers was a popular choice for Cleveland before Guardians was selected. I thought Walleyes or Pike (two popular fish in Lake Erie) would have been cool.
Why Brown Sox,just curious.

CitrusUCF 04-03-2024 10:42 PM

Quote:

Hammers will be a top contender if the Braves ever rebrand.

Ghost Of The Year 04-03-2024 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightTemplar (Post 2050902146)
Just curious. Have you checked the name files so that the audio will reflect the new name(s)?

I'm playing with audio off except for my Saturday games. So no big loss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaz16 (Post 2050902166)
The Rockers was a popular choice for Cleveland before Guardians was selected. I thought Walleyes or Pike (two popular fish in Lake Erie) would have been cool.

Precedence. Cleveland Browns. Boston Red Sox. Chicago White Sox.
It stands to reason Brown Sox was the obvious choice they overlooked. Blue Sox comes in close second.

KnightTemplar 04-03-2024 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year (Post 2050902203)
I'm playing with audio off except for my Saturday games. So no big loss.

If you change the Atlanta Braves to Georgia Turnips and Turnips isn’t in the team name choices your opening screen will show Georgia Braves vs. whoever. FYI.

knip 04-04-2024 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaz16 (Post 2050902166)

I was pulling for Cleveland Spiders. I can’t stand Guardians. I have people ask me my favorite baseball team and I now just say Cleveland. If I say Guardians most people look at me quizzically. Worst name in baseball history and I don’t care about the bridge crap. That was stretching it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports