Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Quick Counts (/forums/showthread.php?t=1018092)

John_Elway 03-29-2024 09:12 AM

Quick Counts

When playing as a manager and managing entire games, I am curious how many of you use Quick Counts? Does it speed up gameplay? Any pros or cons to Quick Counts?

Thanks for any feedback!!

KnightTemplar 03-29-2024 09:37 AM

Re: Quick Counts

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Elway (Post 2050900166)
When playing as a manager and managing entire games, I am curious how many of you use Quick Counts? Does it speed up gameplay? Any pros or cons to Quick Counts?

Thanks for any feedback!!

It will speed it up.

I used to use it exclusively until they screwed it up last year. It is not uncommon to have your SP at 100 pitches thru 5 innings.

I tried it one time this year and it was the same thing. Sometimes they just can’t leave well enough alone.

John_Elway 03-29-2024 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightTemplar (Post 2050900175)
It will speed it up.

I used to use it exclusively until they screwed it up last year. It is not uncommon to have your SP at 100 pitches thru 5 innings.

I tried it one time this year and it was the same thing. Sometimes they just can’t leave well enough alone.

Agree on high pitch counts. I have yet to pitch a complete game, as my starters usually only pitch 6 innings, 7 is the most I have pitched due to pitch count which is usually at 110+ going into the 7th inning.

I have thought about going deeper and try a complete game if we are winning and he is pitching well, as long as his energy level isn't completely depleted.

baconbits11 03-29-2024 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Elway (Post 2050900178)
Agree on high pitch counts. I have yet to pitch a complete game, as my starters usually only pitch 6 innings, 7 is the most I have pitched due to pitch count which is usually at 110+ going into the 7th inning.

I have thought about going deeper and try a complete game if we are winning and he is pitching well, as long as his energy level isn't completely depleted.

Yes that is what I have tried as well and it works sometimes.

MizzouRah 03-29-2024 09:51 AM

I'm going to try QC this year, I have no problems with starters going 5-6 innings, I'm used to it as a Cardinals fan. :)

mwink31 03-29-2024 10:17 AM

If you decide to use QC, which I do exclusively for faster games you’ll want to adjust a few sliders. I find if you reduce CPU foul balls, increase SP stamina in the sliders you’ll tend to get 7 innings if your pitcher is having success. You will get complete games for pitchers that have a higher stamina attribute. As for realistic pitch counts, it is what it is when using QC. You have to take the good with the bad. Pitch count isn’t a huge deterrence for me, I’d rather get through 162 games than worry about a 130 pitches.

John_Elway 03-29-2024 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwink31 (Post 2050900187)
If you decide to use QC, which I do exclusively for faster games you’ll want to adjust a few sliders. I find if you reduce CPU foul balls, increase SP stamina in the sliders you’ll tend to get 7 innings if your pitcher is having success. You will get complete games for pitchers that have a higher stamina attribute. As for realistic pitch counts, it is what it is when using QC. You have to take the good with the bad. Pitch count isn’t a huge deterrence for me, I’d rather get through 162 games than worry about a 130 pitches.

Great points! Thank you for sharing!!

LastActionHero 03-29-2024 10:56 AM

So I’m still confused by the change last year.
Was it by design (if so why) or is it a bug they couldn’t figure out so its still in the game this year?