Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Tennis (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=270)
-   -   TopSpin 2K25 Gameplay, Venues, Tournaments, Physics, Mechanics and More (/forums/showthread.php?t=1018034)

Steve_OS 03-26-2024 10:06 AM

TopSpin 2K25 Gameplay, Venues, Tournaments, Physics, Mechanics and More

2K has revealed a new gameplay video and blog for TopSpin 2K25 today, offering an in-depth...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

Marcusz 03-26-2024 01:29 PM

Re: TopSpin 2K25 Gameplay and Full List of Tournaments and Venues

From what I saw on YouTube, the only thing that looks good is the movement/strokes of the players but for the rest it looks terrible. The body and clothing of the players look the same as in Topspin 4, balls come way too short in the field if you compare with normal tennis and if you hit a serve into the net it rolls back over the baseline as it just hit a wall. I was very excited when I heard about the game, because I had so much fun with Topspin 4 but this is a no go for me. I’m hoping that the gameplay of Tiebreak will get better before they release it on PS5. Fingers crossed.

RyanLaFalce 03-26-2024 02:00 PM

Can’t please everyone unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jd@os 03-26-2024 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcusz (Post 2050898813)
From what I saw on YouTube, the only thing that looks good is the movement/strokes of the players but for the rest it looks terrible. The body and clothing of the players look the same as in Topspin 4, balls come way too short in the field if you compare with normal tennis and if you hit a serve into the net it rolls back over the baseline as it just hit a wall. I was very excited when I heard about the game, because I had so much fun with Topspin 4 but this is a no go for me. I’m hoping that the gameplay of Tiebreak will get better before they release it on PS5. Fingers crossed.

I'm getting the game, but I have to agree with your points.

I was hoping the videos released a while back showcased an early build of players that 2K would change later, but the video ends that hope. Medvedev's player model, shown last week, looks good....while Federer's player model, shown around the time of the official announcement, looks pretty bad and like a Fortnight version of the actor Tim DeKay from White Collar.

I know this sounds nitpicky and petty, but although you could tell the MLB The Show 24 gameplay videos before release were rehearsed, this game developer video was straight up scripted--no passion, just robotic reading. They didn't have to scream like Stephen A. Smith, but get enthusiastic about your game.

MJWizards 03-27-2024 07:01 AM

Re: TopSpin 2K25 Gameplay, Venues, Tournaments, Physics, Mechanics and More

On a positive note, the licensed Tournaments lineup looks great

jd@os 03-27-2024 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJWizards (Post 2050899107)
On a positive note, the licensed Tournaments lineup looks great

Indeed they do. 2K did a great job in securing them as well as legends. As little as it may seem, I'm actually looking forward to playing a night match at the U.S. Open.

sportsgamingguy2023 03-27-2024 08:17 AM

Game looks great and polished. Hope the CPU commits unforced errors and no or very few 20-30 ball rallies!

Deetrain1040 03-27-2024 06:45 PM

Serena looks great!