Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   New to PS5, requesting advice (/forums/showthread.php?t=1017812)

bh446066 03-16-2024 03:06 PM

New to PS5, requesting advice

With NCAA coming out this year I finally got a PS5, but I always play hockey.

Is there a general consensus on which NHL game for the PS5 is the best? I currently play 19 on the PS4 and have gotten it to a point with the sliders where it's basically perfect for me.

I'm not an expert by any stretch. I tend to put it in arcade mode and reverse engineer the sliders to reflect sim numbers, but still play a pretty wide open, hard hitting game. Sorry for blabbing, looking forward to hearing your opinions.

BH

stlgamer09 03-17-2024 12:00 AM

Re: New to PS5, requesting advice

Quote:

Originally Posted by bh446066 (Post 2050893964)

Is there a general consensus on which NHL game for the PS5 is the best? I currently play 19 on the PS4 and have gotten it to a point with the sliders where it's basically perfect for me.

I'm not an expert by any stretch. I tend to put it in arcade mode and reverse engineer the sliders to reflect sim numbers, but still play a pretty wide open, hard hitting game. Sorry for blabbing, looking forward to hearing your opinions.

BH

NHL24 has its set backs but its the direction the new team is going. If you can get is free or cheap to learn it then get it. Depends also what you play in the NHL series.

piffbernd 03-18-2024 04:25 PM

Go to GameStop an get cheapest version from NHL 22,23 or 24. Sportgames aren't changing to much.

gsize19 03-18-2024 06:05 PM

NHL 24 on the PS5 is an upgrade from the PS4 version of NHL19... You can get NHL at 75% of in places now... The game plays well with slider adjustments, like you mentioned with NHL19, but you kind of know what you like, so the adjustments wouldn't take that long...

BigBadAss33 04-07-2024 09:20 PM

Quote:

BH

Let me start off by NHL 24 is MILES ahead of 23,22,21,20,19... you pick the year...

This is the important part. The game will reward you if you play it with the correct sliders. I know many people will argue that having to change the sliders makes the game broken or incomplete, but that's not what sliders are designed for.

I suggest PKs sliders in the slider section of this forum. There is a catch.. you MUST play position lock!!!!

IMO if you play by controlling every position is messes up the game logic of the CPU. Pick a position and learn to play it.

a long explanation but NHL24 is awesome and anyone that thinks it's not doesn't know how to play hockey in REAL LIFE and only plays ARCADE DEKE fest garbage like EASHL!!!

GetThePuckOut 04-16-2024 08:02 AM

Quote:

BH

The ULTIMATE GAMEPLAY Experience
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...xperience.html