Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Legacy (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   My overpowered NHL/AHL teams are constantly getting blown out in CPU vs CPU. Why? (/forums/showthread.php?t=1017511)

Kalkano 03-01-2024 05:10 PM

My overpowered NHL/AHL teams are constantly getting blown out in CPU vs CPU. Why?

I know great teams occasionally have bad games, but this is WAY too consistent. All of my team stats are always way above those of the other team. I even put a goalie on my NHL team with literal 99's on every single stat, and he gives up 3+ goals all the time. Last game, he gave up 6 goals!

Does it have something to do with my coaching strategy settings?

zbguy 03-07-2024 08:31 PM

Re: My overpowered NHL/AHL teams are constantly getting blown out in CPU vs CPU. Why

What is his consistency? You can see that in NHLView NG. If it's low he'll have bad games more often. That's how it worked for a long time at least.

Kalkano 03-24-2024 10:38 PM

Re: My overpowered NHL/AHL teams are constantly getting blown out in CPU vs CPU. Why

It's max like every other stat.

For whatever reason, it seems like in something like 80% of the games I watch, the team with much worse attributes wins, and wins by a lot...like 4 or 5 goals...

Kalkano 03-26-2024 03:20 PM

I guess I'm making an assumption here, that 2 is max consistency. My goalie has a 2, compared to mostly 0's and a few 1's on other goalies.

He does great in simulated games, and wins tons of awards at the end of the seasons. It's just the games that I watch that are bizarre. You might think it's just the sliders, but the sliders should be affecting both teams.

rangers9911 03-28-2024 11:01 AM

Goalie consistency of 2 means the most inconsistent.

Take a look at the explanation here

Kalkano 03-29-2024 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangers9911 (Post 2050899711)
Goalie consistency of 2 means the most inconsistent.

Take a look at the explanation here

Holy crap...thank you...

That's a really stupid way to do it. A higher consistency means less consistent. :brickwall

Kalkano 03-30-2024 10:22 PM

Any idea why there are 3 separate columns for goalie consistency?

Edit: Scratch that, there are 4. C, E, M, and S. What do those stand for?