Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Sports Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   WCW From The Ashes | (EWR) (/forums/showthread.php?t=1000181)

CanadianPuckHead 07-28-2022 07:07 PM

WCW From The Ashes | (EWR)

January 1st 2002

A video circulates a few TV Networks and the growing online world:

We see none other than the man who use to run WCW Eric Bischoff in a very nice office with a grin on his face

"March 26th 2001, the day that Vincent Kennedy McMahon finalized his deal to purchase his biggest rival WCW, a day that changed the industry forever.

In June 2001 things got intense as WCW and ECW came together to try and team up to take out WWF and beat Vince McMahon

November 2001 we saw winner take all, WWF taking down the Alliance and finally sitting atop the wrestling world all alone...

...Until now.

You see Vince McMahon in his arrogance believes he has destroyed the image of WCW to the point it is worthless, it is no longer a threat. So when I came to him with an offer to buy all the rights to the brand he saw it as easy money and agreed.

But this is NOT just some half hearted attempt to rekindle old magic, or to remember the old days... you see I now OWN WCW which means I do not have a boss, I am not limited by being told no by someone above me.

Yes, we will see some old WCW faces back that are able to still perform and do a job, but we will also be seeing faces who you may know from elsewhere that maybe just never quite got the opportunities they needed. And ofcourse we will be putting a LOT of attention into a developmental system to set the future of the business.

So starting this Thursday, January 3rd 2002, we will see the return of WCW Thunder... but with a new structure you see we are not shying away we are going right back to war... Nitro on Monday and Thunder on Thursday.

Nitro will feature our top stars, our World Champions, the biggest names we have, and Thunder will be strictly used as a showcase for our cruiserweight division. Now at anytime someone in the cruiserweight division can make the jump to compete on Nitro but they will be taking themselves out of the cruiserweight division.

Now I am not arrogant enough to run this entire ship solo, so my focus will be mainly on Nitro and I am bringing someone in to focus on Thunder and the Cruiserweight Division, a man you all know well and who I have an... interesting relationship with... Vince Russo!

Finally, ontop of being the owner, having no boss to answer to, both Nitro and Thunder will be airing on iNDEMAND, a video on demand service which... does not answer to the FCC and has NO television rating to abide by.

Thats right folks, Eric Bischoff is officially back with no restraints, no boss, and NO limitations!"

PPV Schedule:
January: Souled Out
February: Superbrawl
March: Uncensored
April: Spring Stampede
May: Slamboree
June: Great American Bash
July: Bash at the Beach
August: New Blood Rising
September: Fall Brawl
October: Halloween Havoc
November: Wargames
December: Starrcade

CanadianPuckHead 07-28-2022 07:09 PM

Re: WCW From The Ashes | (EWR)

MAIN EVENTERS
Kevin Nash(H)
Scott Hall(F)
Sting(F)

UPPER MIDCARDERS
Eddie Guerrero (F)
Scott Steiner(H)

MIDCARDERS
British Bulldog(F)
Dustin Rhodes(F)
Jeff Jarrett(H)
Ken Shamrock(H)
Tito Ortiz(F)

LOWER MIDCARDERS
Chris Kanyon(H)
D'lo Brown(F)
Perry Saturn(H)
Randy Orton(F)
Sabu(H)
Sean O'Haire(F)
Steve Corino(H)

OPENERS
Rene Dupree(F)
Joe E Legend(H)

JOBBERS

TAG TEAMS
America's Most Wanted (Chris Harris & James Storm)(F) /W Dutch Mantell
Basham Brothers (Danny & Doug(H) With Dawn Marie
Hart Dynasty (Harry Smith & TJ Wilson)(F) /W Alexis Laree

STABLES
The Originals
Leader: Kevin Nash
Jeff Jarrett
Scott Steiner

Hart Family
Leader: British Bulldog
Harry Smith
TJ Wilson

CHAMPIONS

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION
CURRENT: Scott Hall
PAST:
Spoiler

UNITED STATES CHAMPION
CURRENT: British Bulldog
PAST:
Spoiler

TELEVISION CHAMPION
CURRENT: Mike Awesome
PAST:

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS
CURRENT: Basham Brothers
PAST:
Spoiler

MAIN EVENTERS

UPPER MIDCARDERS
Rey Misterio Jr (F)
Ultimo Dragon (H)

MIDCARDERS
Crowbar(H)
Jushin Thunder Liger (F)
Psicosis(H)
Robbie Brookside(H)
Taka Michinoku(H)
Trent Acid(F)

LOWER MIDCARDERS
Evan Karagis(H) /W Francine
Sonny Siaki(H)

OPENERS

JOBBERS

TAG TEAMS
Bad Influence(H) (Daniels & Kazarian)
Johnny B Badd & Ron Killings(F)

STABLES

CHAMPIONS

CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPION
CURRENT: Rey Misterio Jr
PAST:
Spoiler

CRUISERWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS
CURRENT: Brian Christopher & Jerry Lynn
PAST:
Spoiler

CanadianPuckHead 07-28-2022 09:15 PM

JANUARY 3RD 2002
NEXT PPV JANUARY 27TH 2002 SOULED OUT

In the ring is Vince Russo, who has a microphone. He announces the newest signing, Ron Killings. He comes out from the back, gets into the ring, and plays to the crowd for a while.
Segment Rating 3.5*

Christopher Daniels is backstage. He was out there to hype a match against Robbie Brookside
Segment Rating 3*

Christopher Daniels vs Robbie Brookside
Daniels wins
Match Rating 4*

Psicosis is in the ring. Johnny B. Badd comes out, and challenges him to a match tonight. The challenge is accepted.
Segment Rating 2.5*

Johnny B. Badd vs Psicosis
Badd wins
Match Rating 3*

Crowbar is backstage. He wanted to rip into Brian Christopher.
Segment Rating 2.5*

Brian Christopher vs Crowbar
Crowbar wins
Match Rating 3.5*

Ultimo Dragon is in the ring, and makes an open challenge for anyone to come out and face him. Out from the back comes the debuting Rey Misterio Jr.. He hits the ring and attacks. Ultimo Dragon is in trouble. Flying Hurricanrana! Ultimo got beaten down by the debuting Rey Misterio Jr..
Segment Rating 4*

Rey Misterio Jr. vs Ultimo Dragon
Misterio wins
Match Rating 4*

Eddie Guerrero is backstage. He was out there to hype a match against Jushin Thunder Liger.
Segment Rating 4*

Jushin Thunder Liger vs Eddie Guerrero
Guerrero wins
Match Rating 4*

Show Rating 3.5*

Dlemons 07-28-2022 10:11 PM

Lol interesting…. SEEMS KIND OF FAMILIAR

Haha I’m all in, I like the concept. More polished than my origin with the written out dynamic

Would be cool if maybe we did a separate thing where we were rating competing or something

Great layout

CanadianPuckHead 07-28-2022 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dlemons (Post 2050627501)
Lol interesting…. SEEMS KIND OF FAMILIAR

Haha I’m all in, I like the concept. More polished than my origin with the written out dynamic

Would be cool if maybe we did a separate thing where we were rating competing or something

Great layout

to be fair i think yours is set a lil earlier than mine lol

i had been watching some late 90s wcw stuff lately, got the urge but didn't wanna just take them over when failing so thought a reboot be fun to do

2002 is an interesting time, WWE in an interesting spot, ROH has some young future stars, its before NWA-TNA launched

all I will say is right now my developmental camp has like 80 people in it so as it goes there will be a lot of debuts

couple things I am doing...

1 unlike my other series (which I plan to keep going) going to keep this one on that old school mindset where the women (outside of the occasional exception) are basically used as valets, eye candy

and with contracts anyone over 40 gets 6 month deals (you will see a few in that age in Nitro) people in 30s get a year and 20s get 2 years, and basically everyone is up for re-evaluation and potential release as contract comes up

and I specifically picked tv network so i can go 100% risk, so all match/segment options are available so as time goes, things could get crazy

Dlemons 07-29-2022 08:18 AM

That’s sick. How are you keeping track of contracts?

I def dig the concept, and Your write outs are def quality. I was just giving ya crap… I’ll be following both

CanadianPuckHead 07-29-2022 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dlemons (Post 2050627564)
That’s sick. How are you keeping track of contracts?

I def dig the concept, and Your write outs are def quality. I was just giving ya crap… I’ll be following both

EWR keeps track of contracts for you lol

CanadianPuckHead 07-29-2022 03:19 PM

January 7 2002

Eric Bischoff is in the ring to kick off Nitro but quickly some strange music plays, on the tron appears the words "The Originals" as out come Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Jeff Jarrett and Scott Steiner. They enter the ring saying you can't have WCW without them when suddenly Jarrett swings his guitar and levels Bischoff.
Segment Rating 3.5*

Dutch Mantell comes out onto the stage, and announces that he has found a brand new team who he will be managing. Out come America's Most Wanted, his new tag team
Segment Rating 2.5*

America's Most Wanted vs Road Warriors
Road Warriors win
Match Rating 4*

Tito Ortiz vs Shane Douglas
Douglas wins with a handful of tights
Match Rating 3.5*

Road Dogg vs Sabu
Sabu wins
Match Rating 3*

Konnan vs Mike Awesome
Awesome wins
Match Rating 3.5*

Bischoff shows up on the tron in the trainers room, he says The Originals are not gonna run things like they did in the past. He is going to cut the head off fast, and tonight's main event will be Kevin Nash vs the returning... STING!
Segment Rating 4*

D'Lo Brown vs Chris Kanyon
Kanyon wins using exposed turnbuckle
Match Rating 3.5*

Dustin Rhodes vs Ken Shamrock.
Dustin Wins
Match Rating 4*

British Bulldog vs Curt Hennig
Bulldog wins
Match Rating 3.5*

Sting vs Kevin Nash.
Sting wins after Hall tries to interfere but hits Nash by mistake