Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Console/Portable Talk (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Xbox Series (X/S) (/forums/showthread.php?t=978327)

WaddupCouzin 11-04-2020 05:49 AM

Xbox Series (X/S)

With the new systems coming out in less than a week. The other thread was more about the price of the console and the old Xbox One Thread was home to the Xbox One. I didn't see a thread for the Xbox Series X/S.

Steve, if you're going to create an Xbox Thread please delete, if not, I guess we can start posting in here for the next 7 Years. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Artman22 11-05-2020 01:15 PM

Re: Xbox Series (X/S)

All the final reviews for the series x are starting to be released on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WaddupCouzin 11-05-2020 01:24 PM

Yes, I'm seeing that! I was just listening to IGN's Review.

Artman22 11-05-2020 01:28 PM

Here are a few reviews:

Engadget: https://www.engadget.com/xbox-series...140045437.html

Tech advisor: https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/review...ies-x-3797631/

The Verge: https://www.theverge.com/21548987/xbox-series-x-review

Digital Foundry: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...console-review

Game informer: https://www.gameinformer.com/xbox-se...eview-series-s

Press Start: https://press-start.com.au/reviews/x...ener-pastures/

WaddupCouzin 11-05-2020 01:39 PM

Nice! Thanks for the links.

XxGamerXx 11-05-2020 03:15 PM

I do not like console reviews when it is at the start of a generation.

Unless you are speaking on just specs and design, knocking a console review that stays for ever for lack of a banger and if it turns out to have great games later on is stupid in my opinion.

A console is an investment, not for what I can play day 1

WaddupCouzin 11-05-2020 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxGamerXx (Post 2050253973)
I do not like console reviews when it is at the start of a generation.

Unless you are speaking on just specs and design, knocking a console review that stays for ever for lack of a banger and if it turns out to have great games later on is stupid in my opinion.

A console is an investment, not for what I can play day 1

I agree. I think it should review just the console itself; Features (Modes), Aesthetics, Specs, etc.

XxGamerXx 11-05-2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin (Post 2050253977)
I agree. I think it should review just the console itself; Features (Modes), Aesthetics, Specs, etc.

Consoles should be reviewed like GPU are reviewed. It is hardware and it needs to be able to show me that it is a powerful hardware and has great thermals and noise reduction. I know if the specs and thermals are there the games coming will be great.

Am seeing series x reviews and they complain their is nothing to play that is exclusive. Ok well we do know those are coming but i am buying a ps5 and a series x to play all games not just exclusives at the best possible frame rate and resolution possible. that is what i care about

WaddupCouzin 11-05-2020 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxGamerXx (Post 2050253997)
Consoles should be reviewed like GPU are reviewed. It is hardware and it needs to be able to show me that it is a powerful hardware and has great thermals and noise reduction. I know if the specs and thermals are there the games coming will be great.

Am seeing series x reviews and they complain their is nothing to play that is exclusive. Ok well we do know those are coming but i am buying a ps5 and a series x to play all games not just exclusives at the best possible frame rate and resolution possible. that is what i care about

If you (Website) want to review a Launch, to me which would include Hardware/Games, that's one thing, but to your point, Series X/S can't help Halo didn't come out or that things got delayed. Judge the Hardware for the Hardware and the Launch as the Launch.

Artman22 11-05-2020 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxGamerXx (Post 2050253997)

I agree with you, but If Xbox had a crazy good exclusive to come out at launch it would’ve been clutch. I can’t wait to see what Xbox brings to the table this generation.

XxGamerXx 11-05-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artman22 (Post 2050254061)
I agree with you, but If Xbox had a crazy good exclusive to come out at launch it would’ve been clutch. I can’t wait to see what Xbox brings to the table this generation.

Halo Infinite can have come out on release and scored a 9 and if that gave the xbox one x a 9 score that is stupid. How about if the rest of the next 6 years the xbox has no great exclusives? The score still stands but it failed to deliver on what they claim is important.

Hardware should be reviewed as hardware not software.

You want to know the power of the X? Go look at what was accomplished with Valhalla at 60fps 4k

Go look at what it does without patches to a ton of xbox one games and older games

Go see how Gears 5 has been updated to better than pc ultra textures.

Those are the things I need to know because it tells me what I need to know about the console.

I dont need a good halo game or exclusive at launch to sell me on the console that I am buying for what it does for me in 6 years.

peter42O 11-05-2020 10:07 PM

As of a few hours ago, the overall rating was an 8.3/10 on MetaCritic out of 24 scored reviews which excludes all the reviews that were not scored.

I honestly was expecting an 8.5/10 overall with the negatives being no first party AAA title and the lack of innovation with the controller.

For me personally, I will have Watch Dogs Legion, Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Gears Tactics at launch with Immortals Fenyx Rising in December so im good but there are a lot of gamers who wanted a top tier AAA first party exclusive that is also a visual showcase for the power, specifications and capabilities of the Xbox Series X.

There's no disputing the hardware of Xbox Series X but not having that first party AAA exclusive to showcase the hardware visually is disappointing because when you look at Xbox One, it had Forza Motorsport 5 and Ryse: Son of Rome. Ryse still holds up 7 years later visually.

Everyone is going to have their own individual preferences and whatnot but I do understand the point of view from those who were hoping for that Ryse visual showcase game from the first party studios.

At this point, I have plenty of games to play and not really expecting anything until 2022 except for Halo Infinite in a year from now and hopefully Wolfenstein III in the spring/summer 2021. Basically, it's just a wait and see.

Artman22 11-05-2020 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxGamerXx (Post 2050254109)
Halo Infinite can have come out on release and scored a 9 and if that gave the xbox one x a 9 score that is stupid. How about if the rest of the next 6 years the xbox has no great exclusives? The score still stands but it failed to deliver on what they claim is important.

Hardware should be reviewed as hardware not software.

You want to know the power of the X? Go look at what was accomplished with Valhalla at 60fps 4k

Go look at what it does without patches to a ton of xbox one games and older games

Go see how Gears 5 has been updated to better than pc ultra textures.

Those are the things I need to know because it tells me what I need to know about the console.

I dont need a good halo game or exclusive at launch to sell me on the console that I am buying for what it does for me in 6 years.

Ummmm, did you read what I posted? I agreed with you but said having a great launch exclusive helps. Anyone who’s been following these next gen consoles knows the series x is a beast and I’m getting both at launch, but having a system seller game at launch only helps them and also drives even more interest. To believe the contrary is asinine.

Artman22 11-05-2020 10:38 PM

To add to my previous post. I know a ton of people who said they’re going to buy the series x but aren’t in a rush to buy it yet because there’s no game they really want yet. I always get consoles at launch no matter what. These are new consoles so of obviously people are going to be excited to get them. And, that’s not everyone and Of course many of those people aren’t hardcore fans like us, but to say it doesn’t matter to have a fire exclusive game at launch is a massive head scratcher.

Artman22 11-05-2020 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter42O (Post 2050254240)
As of a few hours ago, the overall rating was an 8.3/10 on MetaCritic out of 24 scored reviews which excludes all the reviews that were not scored.

I honestly was expecting an 8.5/10 overall with the negatives being no first party AAA title and the lack of innovation with the controller.

For me personally, I will have Watch Dogs Legion, Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Gears Tactics at launch with Immortals Fenyx Rising in December so im good but there are a lot of gamers who wanted a top tier AAA first party exclusive that is also a visual showcase for the power, specifications and capabilities of the Xbox Series X.

There's no disputing the hardware of Xbox Series X but not having that first party AAA exclusive to showcase the hardware visually is disappointing because when you look at Xbox One, it had Forza Motorsport 5 and Ryse: Son of Rome. Ryse still holds up 7 years later visually.

Everyone is going to have their own individual preferences and whatnot but I do understand the point of view from those who were hoping for that Ryse visual showcase game from the first party studios.

At this point, I have plenty of games to play and not really expecting anything until 2022 except for Halo Infinite in a year from now and hopefully Wolfenstein III in the spring/summer 2021. Basically, it's just a wait and see.

Exactly Peter!...we know the series x is a beast but not having a great exclusive at launch does it hurt it a bit for now. I know eventually the games will start coming and it’ll show case the power of the system.

peter42O 11-06-2020 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artman22 (Post 2050254264)
Exactly Peter!...we know the series x is a beast but not having a great exclusive at launch does it hurt it a bit for now. I know eventually the games will start coming and it’ll show case the power of the system.

Once Halo Infinite was delayed, we all knew what the launch lineup was going to be and what is was lacking but on the positive side, the game needed to be delayed as opposed to being released with no Ray Tracing and being visually underwhelming. Glad Microsoft/Spencer made the extremely tough decision to delay the game but it needed to be delayed plus im guessing that they probably already had the ZeniMax deal agreed to and all that so they had a massive announcement before pre-orders to make up for the lack of Halo Infinite.

Pre-E3 2018, Microsoft literally only had 5 studios. 30 months later, they have 22 studios, 34 total teams plus Microsoft Global Publishing. It's just that nearly every studio over the last 30 months had just released a game or were going to before the launch of next gen.

It's just horrible timing more than anything. I do believe that once 2022 hits, we will have a steady stream of quality consistent titles to play. Plus, they're not done yet in regards to acquiring studios.

And while they don't have that "showcase" game for launch, the Xbox brand is still in a far better state than what it was 7 years ago. I am the most hyped for Xbox than I have been in over a decade. We just have to be patient.

XxGamerXx 11-06-2020 02:44 AM

Sure having a new exclusive day 1 would be great because is a new game but not the reason people buying consoles day 1

Sorry but I do not believe there is such thing as a system seller. That is bogus because I bet you sony fans are not going to cancel their pre orders if tomorrow we wake up and Sony says they had to cancel Demon Souls and Ratchet and Clank or had to delay them due to bugs for an extended period of time.

They will still buy the console because they are investing in the next 6 years for what it will do for them.

Remember that those who buy PS5 and Series X day one are enthusiasts which are the minority when it comes to console owners.

Casuals who make up the bulk of sales buy when is convenient and maybe a price reduction or sale. They do not care about exclusives

Why do you think the best selling games on PS4 are multi plats. And I do not mean combined sales with xbox. I mean just on playstation.

Casual gamers buy and play madden, 2k, cod most of the time.

God of War I believe is the most sold ps4 game this gen with about 18 million which is a great number but when sony has 120 million consoles sold you see why it sells to enthusiasts not the bulk owners.

18 million is a great number for Santa Monica studios because they made profit on a great game. But you cant tell me it was a system seller when very few people actually went and bought one for god of war.

I know that series x will have

Valhalla
Watch Dogs
Updated Madden
New 2K21
COD Cold War
Updated Gears 5
Updated Fifa
CyberPunk

All in the span of the launch window and all will show the power of the console

Later into next year MLB the show, and other fantastic games

I bet that by the end of November PS5 owners will be putting the most hours into COD, Madden, 2K21 just like it will be doing on series X

Those are the reasons why people upgrade. Because you can play MM on PS4 and Demon Souls is a niche audience. I bet a ton of ps5 owners will buy Demon Souls because it is a great looking game that they can experience day one but 80% of them will drop the game shortly after because is not an easy game and not the type of game they like.

Artman22 11-06-2020 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxGamerXx (Post 2050254335)
Sure having a new exclusive day 1 would be great because is a new game but not the reason people buying consoles day 1

Sorry but I do not believe there is such thing as a system seller. That is bogus because I bet you sony fans are not going to cancel their pre orders if tomorrow we wake up and Sony says they had to cancel Demon Souls and Ratchet and Clank or had to delay them due to bugs for an extended period of time.

They will still buy the console because they are investing in the next 6 years for what it will do for them.

Remember that those who buy PS5 and Series X day one are enthusiasts which are the minority when it comes to console owners.

Casuals who make up the bulk of sales buy when is convenient and maybe a price reduction or sale. They do not care about exclusives

Why do you think the best selling games on PS4 are multi plats. And I do not mean combined sales with xbox. I mean just on playstation.

God of War I believe is the most sold ps4 game this gen with about 18 million which is a great number but when sony has 120 million consoles sold you see why it sells to enthusiasts not the bulk owners.

18 million is a great number for Santa Monica studios because they made profit on a great game. But you cant tell me it was a system seller when very few people actually went and bought one for god of war.

Valhalla
Watch Dogs
Updated Madden
New 2K21
COD Cold War
Updated Gears 5
Updated Fifa
CyberPunk

I bet that by the end of November PS5 owners will be putting the most hours into COD, Madden, 2K21 just like it will be doing on series X

Those are the reasons why people upgrade. Because you can play MM on PS4 and Demon Souls is a niche audience. I bet a ton of ps5 owners will buy Demon Souls because it is a great looking game that they can experience day one but 80% of them will drop the game shortly after because is not an easy game and not the type of game they like.

Gamer, I bought a ps3 because of MLB the show. My ps3 was for 2 things, Mlb the show and Blu-ray. I used my 360 for EVERYTHING else. If you went on the Mlb forums years ago there were a ton of guys who bought a PlayStation just for that game. I know die hard Xbox guys who bought a Ps4 just for God of war even some of my colleagues at work. I know that there will be multiplatform games and the majority of us will buy and play those games, but imagine if Xbox had that one must cop game and it was launching with the series x. The excitement levels would be even higher. That’s all I’m trying to say. Realistically, only 3 games catch my interest right now. One is Miles Morales on the ps5 and next gen madden and NBA2K21 on the series x. I’m going to also try out some of the older games like gears 5 to see how they look. If none of those games were coming I’d probably still get the systems but I wouldn’t be as excited. With that said Tuesday can’t come soon enough!

dubplate 11-06-2020 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxGamerXx (Post 2050254335)

Valhalla
Watch Dogs
Updated Madden
New 2K21
COD Cold War
Updated Gears 5
Updated Fifa
CyberPunk

Going to have to disagree with you. I am still salty at Sony for the way they handled their preorders leaving me and so many others out in the cold, but I’d sure like to be playing Miles Morales and Demons Souls next week.

XxGamerXx 11-06-2020 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubplate (Post 2050254524)
Going to have to disagree with you. I am still salty at Sony for the way they handled their preorders leaving me and so many others out in the cold, but I’d sure like to be playing Miles Morales and Demons Souls next week.

If those 2 games were set to release next year would you still buy a ps5 if available to you day 1?

WaddupCouzin 11-06-2020 01:38 PM

I saw that Godfall was only a 6 month timed exclusive, which is funny to me because that part came out like a day ago.

peter42O 11-06-2020 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin (Post 2050254678)
I saw that Godfall was only a 6 month timed exclusive, which is funny to me because that part came out like a day ago.

Surprised that Godfall seems to only be a 6 month timed exclusive as I was expecting it to be a year but May/June 2021 is good as it already gives me a game for that time frame.

WaddupCouzin 11-06-2020 11:14 PM

If you wanted an early system, it seems like Walmart was the way to go! I would assume it doesn't help with games like Valhalla, but an early system is an early system.

PVarck31 11-07-2020 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin (Post 2050255014)
If you wanted an early system, it seems like Walmart was the way to go! I would assume it doesn't help with games like Valhalla, but an early system is an early system.

I ordered mine from Walmart and it hasn't shipped nor have I even been charged yet. So not sure how these people are getting these consoles early.

dickey1331 11-07-2020 09:00 AM

Xbox Series (X/S)

I got a series S to go with my PS5. This will be my first Xbox. I’m not even sure if I’ll play it before late 2021 or 2022 at this point. Xbox will eventually have good exclusive but good grief it seems the heavy hitters won’t be coming out for awhile which is pretty surprising considering how long they’ve had for this launch. Oh well. Maybe I’ll play the previous gens gears or halo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mgoblue 11-07-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dickey1331 (Post 2050255172)
I got a series S to go with my PS5. This will be my first Xbox. I’m not even sure if I’ll play it before late 2021 or 2022 at this point. Xbox will eventually have good exclusive but good grief it seems the heavy hitters won’t be coming out for awhile which is pretty surprising considering how long they’ve had for this launch. Oh well. Maybe I’ll play the previous gens gears or halo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PS5 doesn't really have heavy hitters either...as a 2nd system I can see why you wouldn't play it much, but I'll love mine for amazing BC and quick resume

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

WaddupCouzin 11-08-2020 01:58 PM

Under the 48hr mark! How many games are you guys going to switch over to the X-series X SSD HD? I think I've counted about 8-10, I'm switching over and the rest will stay on my portable drive. What about you guys?

NY4Life 11-08-2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin (Post 2050255811)
Under the 48hr mark! How many games are you guys going to switch over to the X-series X SSD HD? I think I've counted about 8-10, I'm switching over and the rest will stay on my portable drive. What about you guys?

Not sure yet. Probably only those games that have fps enhancements on XSX. I am keeping my XB1X for my daughters, so I don't feel the need to move over everything. Not sure all the games that are confirmed enhanced, but probably will start with:

AC: Origins and Odyssey
Rainbow 6 Siege
Outer Worlds
Monster Hunter Worlds

mgoblue 11-09-2020 10:35 AM

Assassin's creed Odyssey, Gears Tactics, SW Jedi Fallen Order, and maybe some other BC games i've been tinkering in. Really looking forward to FO.

WaddupCouzin 11-09-2020 09:39 PM

Man, I can't wait for tomorrow! I'm off the rest of the week from work, so I'm going to start with NBA 2k21, Assassin's Creed, Watchdogs, and Gears 5!

dubplate 11-10-2020 12:14 AM

Target finally shipped my order and I am pumped. Date is still pending on the FedEx app, but it is being shipped from a distribution center 1 hour from my place, so I expect it to be here by Thursday when I start my long weekend.

Definitely getting 2K21 & Black Ops, and will probably get AC: Valhalla as well. I’m also looking forward to the upgrades for Madden & FIFA.

49UNCFan 11-10-2020 12:19 AM

I'm getting 2k21 for PS5 but damn I'll have my Series X tommorrow gonna have to resist the urge lol

rd1981 11-10-2020 06:40 AM

I finally was able to buy the Series X this morning. Target went live with them around 1:25 am. The cool thing was I could see all the local stores and see which ones had stock. Hopefully other local gamers were able to do the same, and it not just be bots, and hustlers getting all the consoles.

Im happy to be able to pick it up today, instead of waiting for a delivery date. I have 2k21 for now, but I plan on getting Watchdogs, Black Ops and eventually the free Madden upgrade.

peter42O 11-10-2020 11:30 AM

For everyone that was able to buy an Xbox Series X and/or Xbox Series S, I hope you enjoy them. Two excellent consoles for what they offer respectively.

WaddupCouzin 11-10-2020 02:44 PM

Received my system this morning, I finished work for the day, and I've now started the transfer from EXTERNAL HD to Internal Storage Game!

dubplate 11-10-2020 04:31 PM

The shelf I was going to put this in is open front/back, but I’ve only got 1.5 inches of clearance at the top.

I think that will be enough and won’t cause any overheating, but I keep second guessing myself.

ZB9 11-10-2020 04:39 PM

I went with the S because I dont have a 4k TV and don't plan on getting one any time soon. I still use a 65 inch plasma.

I cant believe how quiet the system is. I cant hear it at all. It's as quiet as old cartridge systems.

COMMISSIONERHBK9 11-10-2020 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin (Post 2050257492)
Received my system this morning, I finished work for the day, and I've now started the transfer from EXTERNAL HD to Internal Storage Game!

HEY BUd how u doing this what are you transferring over from the external to the internal of the series x i really dont know what to do when it comes to this

Keirik 11-10-2020 04:49 PM

Series X here.

How am i sure if the version im playing is the optimized version of the game or not if i downloaded the game? It's not like there really is an easy way to see what patches are downloaded or not. I ask because I just decided to purchase No Mans Sky and its only 17gb large. There's supposed to be a day 1 next gen patch so the file size seems a bit small.

WaddupCouzin 11-10-2020 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9 (Post 2050257619)
HEY BUd how u doing this what are you transferring over from the external to the internal of the series x i really dont know what to do when it comes to this

Yes! Since my Xbox-1x wasn't showing up on my Network, I connected my External HD to my Series X and "moved" Games over to the Internal HD.

Setting/Manage Storage Content/Highlight the External and it will give you options to Copy or Move Games to the Internal HD