Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   2024 Offseason Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=1016613)

Madden08PCgmr 05-03-2024 06:26 PM

Re: 2024 Offseason Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan (Post 2050910821)
I keep bringing us up because we heard the same **** from people when we drafted Love. “Why wouldn’t they give Rodgers more weapons instead of wasting his years?” Hell, I was one of them! [emoji23]

It was worse for Favre in 2005.

Ted axed a bunch of veterans, and then picked a QB. Ahman Green and Javon Walker were both lost early in the season, and they ended up starting players off the waiver wire.

.. but, Rodgers became Rodgers beacuse he sat.

I don't think Penix needs to sit. I don't think its a given Cousins rebounds. His numbers declined the 3 previous seasons prior to the achilles injury. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Penix beat him out.

Could easily turn out like Matt Flynn V Russell Wilson 2012

Instant C1a55ic 05-04-2024 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr (Post 2050912217)
It was worse for Favre in 2005.

Ted axed a bunch of veterans, and then picked a QB. Ahman Green and Javon Walker were both lost early in the season, and they ended up starting players off the waiver wire.

.. but, Rodgers became Rodgers beacuse he sat.

I don't think Penix needs to sit. I don't think its a given Cousins rebounds. His numbers declined the 3 previous seasons prior to the achilles injury. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Penix beat him out.

Could easily turn out like Matt Flynn V Russell Wilson 2012

100 million guaranteed.

That's why Cousins plays IMO

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app

l3ulvl 05-14-2024 01:50 AM

So, Goff got paid again, I whiffed on that one. Highest paid tackle, highest paid receiver, 2nd highest paid QB, no money left for defense

I'm guessing this means Ben Johnson is sticking around for awhile and Detroit is just gonna ride with trying to outscore teams with offensive synergy and just keep the defense off the field? idunno, we'll see how that works :nocomprende:

georgiafan 05-14-2024 10:27 AM

It feels like the Goff talk will change in the future from where they are now. You can no longer use the under rated tag on someone that's making 50 million. I don't know much about Detroit's cap situation, but I have to assume in the years ahead it will start getting tight

Quote:

Originally Posted by l3ulvl (Post 2050915046)
So, Goff got paid again, I whiffed on that one. Highest paid tackle, highest paid receiver, 2nd highest paid QB, no money left for defense

I'm guessing this means Ben Johnson is sticking around for awhile and Detroit is just gonna ride with trying to outscore teams with offensive synergy and just keep the defense off the field? idunno, we'll see how that works :nocomprende:

ProfessaPackMan 05-14-2024 08:19 PM

Week 1 Primetime Games have leaked out and the rest will drop tomorrow:

TNF: Ravens at Chiefs
FNF: Eagles vs Packers in Brazil
SNF: Rams at Lions
MNF: Jets at 49ers

Week 2 TNF: Bills at Dolphins

kehlis 05-14-2024 08:54 PM

Don't forget the important ones!

Broncos at Seahawks in week one.

Steelers at Broncos in week two for the Russ rematch game.

reyes the roof 05-14-2024 10:13 PM

Cowboys at Browns on Fox for Brady’s first game in the booth

TheShizNo1 05-14-2024 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l3ulvl (Post 2050915046)

They traded for a corner and then drafted secondary with their first two picks. You guys will be fine.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk