Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=534)
-   -   WWE 2K24 Impressions (/forums/showthread.php?t=1017544)

COMMISSIONERHBK9 03-07-2024 01:08 AM

Re: WWE 2K24 Impressions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bard (Post 2050888660)
From what I have figured out. Super bleeding, like all over chest and they need to fall face first on the ground.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Interesting so I guess I got spoil by Aew fight forever so I expect it asap

scourge 03-07-2024 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bard (Post 2050888658)
You can edit with Triangle/Y (?) And edit the whole Rumble to your liking! Not sure about axing superstars from the game, though.

Yeah, I know that, but that kind of eliminates the fun of surprises with the Royal Rumbles if you are always seeing who is in it. There should be a way to make a character not usable. They should give us that freedom.

RGiles36 03-07-2024 01:13 PM

I’ve bought the prior two annual editions of this game and took the plunge on the WM40 edition of 2K24.

I’ve probably logged just five hours so far but I like it quite a bit. I know Universe is still kinda soulless as it has been for the last 10 years or so. But I try to focus on what it is versus what it isn’t.

Graphics are amazing and I’ve enjoyed Showcase so far, which I typically skip. 2K24 feels like a robust wrestling experience and I can’t wait til the weekend for more hands on.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

noarmsduck 03-08-2024 02:22 AM

Super disappointed that Community Creations just crashes my game any time I load it up. I'm on Xbox SX and apparently it's a common issue. The only fix is logging on from a different account, which is pointless to me because any CAWs I download/make on an alt account using images from CC are not going to transfer to my main, and also I talk to friends while playing and switch games so that would just be a pain. Hopefully that gets fixed soon.

I played through Showcase, it was enjoyable except for the Becky/Charlotte/Ronda match which was frustrating being a triple threat where you had to do specific things to specific people. Also I had completed a bunch of the objectives for that match and then Charlotte just pins Ronda when I'm out of the ring incapacitated and I lost all my progress on that match. That's by far the toughest one though, the others were pretty enjoyable.

I'm kind of disappointed at the lack of entrance music in the game. Bray Wyatt is in the game, yet the Wyatt family theme is not. The "Beast Incarnate" is (surprisingly) still in the game. His motions are in, and they kept him in Showcase mode even. So why not include his theme? If they want to take a stand then wipe him from the game completely. Otherwise it seems idiotic to have him in showcase (playable even) and just have his theme not there for custom entrances. Batista is in the game, so where is his old theme (Saliva - Unleashed)? There are others too (DX, Dashing Cody which I far prefer to Undashing, Alexa Bliss past themes, probably more I'm not thinking of).

Tomorrow I'll probably just edit roster ratings if CC isn't fixed yet, and then play a different game until it is.

kingsofthevalley 03-08-2024 09:26 AM

Purchased the early access and much of the DLC along with my saves have been wiped. Additionally, the game doesn't load with the community creations I've downloaded. This appears to have happened right after the full release. This is the PC version. Needs to be acknowledged and fixed most expediently!

TarHeelPhenom 03-08-2024 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bard (Post 2050888186)
I see some people saying that about the graphics and that just shocks me, lol.

PS5 and my nice LG TV, and this is by far the best WWE games graphics I have ever seen. The wrestlers are so detailed this year... and I also thought 23 looked good!

Don't get me wrong, the game looks really good. But, one of the best features of having a Series X/PS5 and a quality tv(I have LG C2) is HDR10/Dolby Vision. For some reason, WWE 2k doesn't utilize HDR/DV. It's disappointing, but it's not a deal breaker because the graphics still look great.

franch1se 03-08-2024 08:30 PM

If only this game had the chain wrestling mechanic added it would be the best game they've made. I'm having more fun with 24 than 23, I do like the trading punches mini game. Gameplay is a lot smoother, i like the ramp cam and new match types. Just waiting for Meta to be available so i can start getting some mods in for 24. Hopefully 23 ones will work or at least easily be easily converted as i have over 75 wrestlers added lol. I also get a laugh at whenever i get a weapon thrown at me or when i connect with launching chairs and objects.

georgiafan 03-09-2024 08:22 AM

A bummer for me as for the first time I ordered a game online instead of a store pickup. It’s not arriving till Monday and I got time to play this weekend.