Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=1017222)

breakfastcat 02-15-2024 02:00 PM

Re: MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kramer5150 (Post 2050880102)
Unless I'm misunderstanding, the Xbox series S is definitely NOT the reason the graphics are sub par, one would need to look no further than the game still releasing on last gen consoles including the Switch.

Take last gen out of the picture and just develop for this gen of consoles and you would more than likely get the graphical updates...hell Madden did it, basically release 24 as nothing but a roster update, so not sure why The Show can't do the same...unless there was something involved with MLB and the porting process stating that the game HAS to stay on last gen as well...:nocomprende:

I don't think the problem is that they are still making last-gen versions of the game. I think the issue is that they choose to continue to make online play compatible between current and last gen. If they ended cross-gen compatibility then there's no reason they can't just pump out a roster update for PS4/XB1/Switch and focus solely on the current generation, but for now they want every version to be the same because apparently their main focus is on online play.

dubcity 02-15-2024 02:07 PM

It's crazy how a game can be considered so ahead of its time one gen, then two gens later it feels way behind.

My personal thing has always been the color of the grass. I don't know if they think by making it a more deep and vibrant green it will somehow mess up the overall color profile of the game, but it's just disappointing to me. The faded 1970s astroturf thing kills it for me.

LastActionHero 02-15-2024 04:01 PM

I think besides 4k resolution and smoother framerate the only thing the PS5 added graphically to the Show were flying birds [emoji23]

desouza7 02-15-2024 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisac (Post 2050880073)
All you have to do is Pop in Madden or Soccer and you can see how far behind SCEA is in the Player Model and field texture

And yet if you talk to anyone that plays either Madden or EAFC, they will tell you how terrible both of those games now play compared to where they were 5-10 years ago. EAFC especially is probably the worst FIFA/EAFC in years (maybe ever), and much of this stemmed towards the move to the new engine.

I also want better graphics, but I’d take the better gameplay over drastic graphic improvements if that had to be the case. I’d like them to take a cautious approach to not impact how great the game has played for the last several years.

Stroehms 02-15-2024 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisac (Post 2050880073)
All you have to do is Pop in Madden or Soccer and you can see how far behind SCEA is in the Player Model and field texture

You know it's bad when we want our game to be like Madden.

PDibby23 02-15-2024 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Totfc773 (Post 2050880006)
One of my issues is that they haven’t updated graphics in a very long time, but my main gripe is that they won’t even address it. They see the outcry across multiple forums/social media platforms, and seemingly choose to ignore it. As if they don’t care about this particular aspect.

This is what I said in one of the other posts and some people tried to give me grief for asking to hear from Ramone on this issue.

Totfc773 02-15-2024 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDibby23 (Post 2050880182)
This is what I said in one of the other posts and some people tried to give me grief for asking to hear from Ramone on this issue.

That’s really the absolute least they can do is publicly address the concern. Not doing so tells you all you need to know about how much they care.

Ghost Of The Year 02-15-2024 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Totfc773 (Post 2050880006)
One of my issues is that they haven’t updated graphics in a very long time, but my main gripe is that they won’t even address it. They see the outcry across multiple forums/social media platforms, and seemingly choose to ignore it. As if they don’t care about this particular aspect.

This is how you realize they don't value that outcry as highly as you. Sometimes the only meaningful way to affect change is voting with your wallet. If all the people who truly believed in the cause spent their resources elsewhere, then change would come about. Making a loud and vocal outcry in one breath, and then with the very next breath buy that product anyway, is counterproductive to their cause. Now, having said that, I'm with the silent majority who is fine if the graphics continue to stay where they are, even if that's the way graphics will look on a PS6, 7, 8, and 9.