Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   NBA 2K24 Gameplay Enhancements Revealed with Trailer (/forums/showthread.php?t=1013585)

VictorMG 08-15-2023 10:48 AM

Re: NBA 2K24 Gameplay Enhancements Revealed with Trailer

Quote:

Choose up to 16 preferred actions ranging from full plays to isolations and give-and-gos.

I wonder if this will allow us to throw it into the post with someone like LeBron, Draymond, or Jokic and tell our teammates to get open off the ball. I've always wanted to be able to do that.

kxw7340 08-15-2023 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictorMG (Post 2050807443)
The moves look good, I just hope the AI will be able to utilize them properly, even if we have to go in with tendency edits.

Also, I don't necessarily like how 2K takes moments, like the Jimmy Butler timeout gesture, and apply it to the game after the fact. That particular taunt is probably completely over and done with, but now we might have to see it five times a game whenever we play against Jimmy Buckets, lol

Lol I feel you on that. 2K does have a tendency to take one-time moments and turn them into permanent celebrations in the game.

But all in all, Pro Play looks to be an amazing feature and I am excited about its potential. September 8th can't come soon enough

Jrocc23 08-15-2023 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyp180 (Post 2050807446)
Haven't bought Madden in a couple years. Sounds very promising this year. I'm debating if I pull the trigger and buy Madden and 2K or try to hold off on one of them. Partly to save some money but also because I don't know how I'll have the time for both games. And that's to say nothing about other games releasing this fall.

You should spend $5 and play Madden for 10-11 hours. I am really enjoying it so far since like the PS2 days with this Superstar mode. Now with 2K this is looking amazing. Game changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VictorMG 08-15-2023 11:01 AM

Now we just need some news about help defense and I think we'll all be happy. lol

scottyp180 08-15-2023 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jrocc23 (Post 2050807450)
You should spend $5 and play Madden for 10-11 hours. I am really enjoying it so far since like the PS2 days with this Superstar mode. Now with 2K this is looking amazing. Game changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not a bad idea. Might just wait a little longer so I'll be able to check out the EA FC trial when it's available next month.

Jumpman232 08-15-2023 11:11 AM

nitpick: seems like we won't get an accurate representation of Kobe during the mid to late 2000s, he didn't get his arm tat expanded on until 2013. Small to most but since we are getting mamba moments, just wish it could be visually accurate.

on a positive note: trailer looks good, really like the movements, feels good to be reading courtside reports again.. we are getting close.

Edit: I like that defense responsiveness has been touched on, one of my biggest letdowns in 23. Interested in testing out the new freelance options. Finally glad substitutions have been updated as well

Pray_iv_m3rcy 08-15-2023 11:12 AM

Trailer just wasn't long enough but that's what trailers are for right lol. I want to see more of this ProPlay in action down to even the smallest bit of detail.

Justonepost 08-15-2023 11:13 AM

Cherry picking some canned animations as always in their trailers.

Have they fixed the terrible ball warping and physics?

Have they added actual motion blending so each move doesn't robotically join to the next?

Where are the varied body types?

We need to stop falling for this. It's the same year in, year out.