Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Console/Portable Talk (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Xbox Series (X/S) (/forums/showthread.php?t=978327)

Dead2009 05-01-2024 03:40 PM

Re: Xbox Series (X/S)

https://www.trueachievements.com/new...e-closure-date

Microsoft is closing the Xbox 360 Store in July, which now means you have a little less than three months to purchase any non-backwards compatible Xbox games before they're delisted for good.

If you somehow missed it last year, Microsoft announced it was shutting down the Xbox 360 Store on July 29, 2024. This means that from July 29, you will no longer be able to purchase any content from the storefront, including games, trials, add-ons, avatar items, apps, gamerpics, game trailers, and videos. As a result of the shutdown, any digital-only games and DLC expansions that are not backwards compatible will be delisted and lost to the digital ether.

To get a handle on what games and DLC will be lost, TrueAchievements member LuckyKant has created a huge list of all the content that can only be purchased on the Xbox 360 storefront and will be gone for good by the end of July. This list (or there is a Google Sheet if you prefer) provides an excellent breakdown of the digital-only non-backwards compatible games that are still up for purchase and even includes information on discontinued and unobtainable achievements. If you're looking to fill out your digital Xbox 360 collection ahead of the closure, make sure you have a good flick through this invaluable resource.

As a reminder, you will still be able to download any previously purchased Xbox 360 games once the store is shut down. Xbox 360 online services are also unaffected by the closure, so you will still be able to play 360 titles online provided a game's servers are still live. Backwards compatible Xbox 360 games will still be available for purchase via the Microsoft Store.

canes21 05-13-2024 11:43 AM

I've had EA Play Pro on the PC. I also have GamePass Ultimate on PC which grants it to me on my console as well as an EA Play subscription on the console as well. I just cancelled my EA Play Pro sub on PC since I don't take advantage of it enough, but I am keeping my GamePass Ultimate sub.

My question is, on the console, is there any equivalent to EA Play Pro, or is it just the one subscription? With EA Play Pro, I was allowed to play Madden before its release for an unlimited amount of time. Is that possible on consoles as well without buying the game, or are you only limited to the 10 hour trial before release since it is a basic EA Play subscription?

I know you can typically buy the most expensive version of the game and get unlimited access before release day, but on PC you didn't even have to purchase the game since the game and that access were a part of the subscription. I was hoping there was a similar model on the consoles, but it doesn't look like it from what I've looked up, but I figured I'd ask here just in case I was missing something.

mestevo 05-13-2024 05:56 PM

There is no console equivalent to Play Pro. Only have Play.

Sent from my Pixel Fold using Tapatalk

bo_jax2000 05-14-2024 05:36 AM

Does anyone know of any hidden gems on the Xbox 360 marketplace? Reading comments on a YouTube video led me to The Dishwasher. A game I’ve never heard of. It has 2 parts. The sequel is available on steam. But the original only appears to be on the Xbox 360.

https://youtu.be/RJLRWSjG0Es?si=tKhHeR3YyfbT5WFL

EUBlink 06-01-2024 10:54 PM

I had never considered the benefits of suspending running games/apps while downloading other games until I actually took the time to see if there was truly an increase in speed tonight. Holy cow. My download speed jumped from 145-150mb/s up to 580-600mb/s.

Side note, the highest speed I was getting with Comcast/Xfinity was, at best, 200-225mb/s, and that was when wired through ethernet. I got a cheaper internet plan through AT&T Fiber and it isn’t uncommon for me to get 800-900mb/s, and this isn’t even their fastest plan.

illwill10 06-09-2024 05:34 PM

That was a great showcase. Probably one of the best Xbox showcases in the last several years.

I just wish that the Metal Gear Solid remake had a release date.

poulka 06-09-2024 05:52 PM

I agree that Xbox showcase was great plus some nice treats in there as well.

Junior Moe 06-09-2024 09:28 PM

Xbox Series X has been my main console this generation. This showcase was awesome and a breath of fresh air. Gears E-Day did it for me. I liked Gears 4 and 5 but this is my Gears. Fable looks interesting. Call of Duty’s campaign seems to have a lot in it. I still have to finish Cold Wars campaign on the PS5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk