Home

Tyreek Green: From Lakeside High to Soccer Superstardom? (PES 2009)

This is a discussion on Tyreek Green: From Lakeside High to Soccer Superstardom? (PES 2009) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-27-2009, 09:21 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Tyreek Green: From Lakeside High to Soccer Superstardom? (PES 2009)

Before I start this out I would like to say thanks to Matt10 for inspiring me to do this type of thing. I think his write up about Lam Matteo is superb, and if you haven't followed it I highly advise you in so doing.

This career coverage is basically for me. (Sorry, I am selfish like that.) If I make mistakes in regard to writing things up, please don't blast me. I am fairly new to the sport of Soccer so I beg of your patience. All I know is that that Soccer and Baseball translate the best toward video game simulation, they are definitely the most fun for me to play. Hopefully following the career of this player will be worth taking a look at from time to time.

Half Length: 10 Minutes
Difficulty: Professional

ATLANTA - Soccer in America is for youngsters who aren't able to excel in the traditional big three sports: Football, Basketball, and Baseball, or so say many of the experts.

But if you are lucky enough to spend a few moments with Tyreek Green he would love to prove you wrong.

You see, Tyreek Green is a Senior Soccer Phenom from Lakeside High School in Atlanta, Georgia. His raw skills are so uncanny, that he has recently caught the attention of pro scouts from the mecca of Soccer – Europe itself. “The kid will be a great one, he just needs some good people around him that will show him how the beautiful game should be played.” Trevor Silversmith said, a scout from the Coca-Cola League (a smaller professional league in Great Britain.) When Green was asked about the possibilities of forgoing playing in College, he simply raised his eyebrows and with a smile said, “Anything's possible.”

Indeed, this young man may be landing soon in a professional league. Only time will tell, if he truly has the skill set to play with the best in the world. But, one thing is certain, this striking prodigy has unparalleled upside, and could possibly mean as much to Soccer in America, as much as any other athlete did before him.

“I am looking to make Soccer big here. I know that many have come here to do that. (Pele, Maradona, and most recently David Beckham.) But I am different. I am focused and am willing to be spent for whichever team I play for, my dream though is to play for my country in the World Cup, but not only play for them, but to do the unthinkable – Win it all.”

Tyreek Green is definitely one to keep an eye on in the coming years...

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 07-18-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2009, 12:30 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

Re: Tyreek Green: From Lakeside High to Soccer Superstardom? (PES 2009)

Tyreek Signs With Toulouse

886.png

TOULOUSE, FRANCE - After much speculation Lakeside's own Tyreek Green is officially a Violet.

Tyreek Green 1st Contract.jpg

"I want to thank the Toulouse Board for this opportunity to play here. Getting my feet wet in such a world class league like Ligue 1 is a dream come true for me, but even more so to play on a team with such a rich legacy and history. I look forward to getting out there as soon as possible and putting my hard hat on. Hopefully, I can make an impact here and do whatever it takes to help this team continue it's winning ways. My French isn't very good, so bear with me. I only took it my Sophmore year in High School, and I can't remember that far back right now. (Laughter) But, that is a small price to pay to be in France, I can't wait to meet my teammates and get ready for the season to start." Tyreek Green said in his first press conference as a Violet.

It definitely won't be an easy road for Green. He is on a team with a lot of talent at the forward position, but he seems to be confident that he can get a place on the bench to contribute something this season. He realizes he is only 17, so he does need to mature and grow up, by keeping his distance from all those French honeys who like to get freaky. Let's hope he has his head on straight and is able to focus on the task at hand. Making the game team.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 03-28-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:30 AM   #3
Rookie

JSmoove5's Arena

OVR: 2
Smile Re: Tyreek Green: From Lakeside High to Soccer Superstardom? (PES 2009)

Oh s***. I literally live 5 minutes from Lakeside High, and they're a soccer powerhouse. One of my friends actually played on the State Championship team last year. How did you choose/find out about Lakeside?
Old 03-28-2009, 02:14 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSmoove5
Oh s***. I literally live 5 minutes from Lakeside High, and they're a soccer powerhouse. One of my friends actually played on the State Championship team last year. How did you choose/find out about Lakeside?
Google is a wonderful thing. Didn't know much about them until I did a little research. Saw that they were a powerhouse and decided it would be a nice platform to run with. Small world,
Old 03-28-2009, 02:28 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Deft - great start man, congrats with Toulouse! They are a class side - the Ligue 1 is a great proving ground for a youngster like Tyreek.

Make sure to switch the commentary to French! Really incredible atmosphere when you get on the pitch in-game.

I look forward to more updates - I'm glad you chose to do a BAL as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2009, 03:06 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

Toulouse Gears Up for the Season

886.png

2008-09 Toulouse Violets

TFC Team Picture.jpg

Starting 11
CARRASSO #16 GK
CETTO #4 (Captain) CB
FOFANA #2 CB
CONGRE #3 RB
M'BENGUE #12 LB
SIRIEIX #14 DMF
CAPOUE # 29 DMF
M. SISSOKO #22 RMF
BRATTEN #25 LMF
DIDOT #8 AMF
GIGNAC #11 CF

Reserves
BLONDEL #30 GK
LARSEN #9 CF
EBONDO #23 SB
PAULO CESAR #15 SMF
MATHIEU #5 SB
BERSON #20 DMF
BONNET #17 SMF
MANSARE #7 SS
BERGOUGNOUX # 10 SS
PENTECOTE #19 CF
HAMEL #1 GK
TYREEK GREEN #36 CF

TOULOUSE - As the Violets are burning up the training grounds in pre-season workouts, fans are a buzz wondering about what the season will bring. With Andre-Pierre Gignac leading the charge bright things seem to be on the horizon this year. Gignac trained hard in the offseason spending many long days with his fellow mates as they worked on getting their timing down for this season. "Hopefully, our hard work will pay off with a strong showing this year, our fans deserve it, and frankly so do we." Gignac said.

Tyreek1.jpg

American Tyreek Green continues to work hard in practice, and has begun to realize the stiff reality of competing in a world class league. "It's hard, but I love it. I know that I am getting better every day, I am learning a lot from Andre. I need to work on a lot of things, but that's the nature of this game. Right now I am content with being under these older vets wings for now. I will say it feels strange from being the man, to being the last guy on the roster (laughter), but it is what it is. My goal right now is to make the bench, and then from there I can begin to showcase my skills. I will tell you this though, these other teams better not sleep on this American."

Next week Toulouse will open up their season on the road in Auxerre.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 03-28-2009 at 03:24 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:16 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Deft - great start man, congrats with Toulouse! They are a class side - the Ligue 1 is a great proving ground for a youngster like Tyreek.

Make sure to switch the commentary to French! Really incredible atmosphere when you get on the pitch in-game.

I look forward to more updates - I'm glad you chose to do a BAL as well.
Thanks for the love man. Who knows maybe Matteo and Green can team up together one day. I will have to switch it over to French, I forgot all about that!
Old 03-28-2009, 02:45 PM   #8
Rookie

JSmoove5's Arena

OVR: 2

That's really cool. The funny thing is that Lakeside is only really good at soccer and not much else - it's a really good academic school. I play AAU basketball with a couple kids on the Lakeside basketball team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »