Home

You know what really grinds my gears?

This is a discussion on You know what really grinds my gears? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-19-2015, 05:53 PM   #17785
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
All the criticism that celebrations get in sports. The most recent ones being the Bautista bat flip(talked/debated about at length by so many media stations), and the Cam Newton dance(having some stupid soccer mom letter about it going viral).

I can understand doing something directly to someone, like taunting/dancing directly to a player/team, but just doing your own celebration and then being bashed so much and bringing up so much "controversy" regarding it is just stupid.

Many times I just feel like it's older/traditionalist type of people who don't like the "new school" style of game/attitude out of players. They just want it to be so plain and boring. Hit a home run,put your bat down beside you,and run the bases. Score a touchdown, hand the ref the ball back,and go to your bench. Score a goal, skate back to your bench and sit down. Any kind of celebration,and suddenly the other team takes offense to it,and fans/media go crazy and bash it.

Ya, that's what sports needs, lets just make these players abunch of emotionless robots who don't have any sort of excitement towards a big moment in a game or season.
Let em celebrate. The NBA lets their players celebrate, as does the NHL. Baseball and Football are the worst with this. Bat flips are awesome, TD celebrations are awesome. If you don't like it then don't let it happen.

It has literally gotten to the point where if you are in a Madden league people get bent out fo shape if you dive in to the endzone. I was always taught if you don't like it then stop it.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2015, 05:59 PM   #17786
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Is that you Cam?
Old 11-19-2015, 06:11 PM   #17787

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
Let em celebrate. The NBA lets their players celebrate, as does the NHL.
NHL guys can celebrate, but some teams still don't like when some guys do stuff.

Some are trying to turn it into a race thing because of the guys who are criticized for doing it. NFL with Cam Newton(if Tom Brady did the same thing,would people be bashing him?) and NHL with PK Subban(if Ovechkin did it,people would probably find it funny)

PK gets criticized for celebrating at times,more than someone like Ovechkin:

Last edited by Majingir; 11-19-2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:29 PM   #17788
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
Bowling a 791 series. It's compounded by the fact that I should be happy about that. And I'm not.

I can relate...I just recently had a pretty solid week in my Monday league. Shot 789. Had the front 11 in the first game, came up light and finished with 298. Second game I had the front 10 and left a wobbly-*** 10 pin on a beautiful shot, finished with 289. Then I calmed way down and had a 202 in game 3. Like you, I should be happy, but that's like 3 shots away from a couple of 300s.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:01 PM   #17789
MVP

Smooth Pancakes's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
Firing two people for theft and a third quitting because her hours were going to increase for a couple weeks until we hired replacements.

I hate staffing. Worst part of my job.
Is this a salary or pay by hour position? If by the hour, what a moron that third person is. I get paid by the hour at my job. I love when my hours get increased for various reasons because that means bigger paychecks and more money coming home with me than normal.

However, even if she's salary, up and completely quitting a job because heaven forbid you have to be an above and beyond the duty employee and work more hours than normal for a couple weeks, you don't bloody quit. You suck it up and help out until the positions get filled.

Someone pulls crap like that, they can forget me ever giving them a positive reference on any future job applications. I'd be telling it like it is to that prospective employer and let them decide if that kind of crap is what they want to put up with in an employee. Regardless of how model an employee you were, you pull a crap stunt and burn the bridges like that, you can expect no favors in regards to favorable references in the future.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:48 PM   #17790
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
Bowling a 791 series. It's compounded by the fact that I should be happy about that. And I'm not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber35
I can relate...I just recently had a pretty solid week in my Monday league. Shot 789. Had the front 11 in the first game, came up light and finished with 298. Second game I had the front 10 and left a wobbly-*** 10 pin on a beautiful shot, finished with 289. Then I calmed way down and had a 202 in game 3. Like you, I should be happy, but that's like 3 shots away from a couple of 300s.
Oh yeah? Well on our Tuesday league, my second game was a 95. I have absolutely no idea when the last time I threw under 100 was before that. Came back with a 178 and 171 though.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:25 PM   #17791
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
...Score a goal, skate back to your bench and sit down....
Easier said than done

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2015, 10:02 AM   #17792
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Statements being made and suggested this past week. It just ****ing boils my blood to think about it more than two seconds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »